Jerry Rice to play for Bronco's

DaveH

Yup, Rice has retired.

Watts passed him and Devoe prolly did as well. The guy just couldn't get seperation anymore and wouldn't play special teams (not that I really Blame him).

We kept a long snapper and 3 kickers for gods sake, we can't afford too many players on the roster who don't play special teams.

today on Sports.Yahoo.com I saw the "Featured Opinion" section had this headline: "Jerry Rice earned the right to decide when he would retire. Too bad the Broncos decided for him."

that headline didn't really reflect the article connected to it so I don't know if it was Larry Beil (the writer) or whoever that came up with it but-- what utter crap.

How anyone can turn the Broncos/Shanahan into some kind of bad guy over this is beyond me. the only thing the Broncos did was prolong his career for a few more months and gave the guy an honest last shot.

ok, moving on.... Jerry had earned the right to decide when to retire but it was still unfortunate to see the Greatest All-Time WR drop so many passes with the Seahawks and the Broncos recently. I'll just have to watch a little ESPN Classic 49ers to get the positive images back into my memories of the guy.

Good Luck :thumbs Jerry!