Huskers Eliminated from Big XII Tourney Contention

That's a bad loss against Bakersfield. I don't care how young Nebraska is, that is not a team that should step in to Haymarket park and win a series. I've tried to stay positive, but I will not defend the coaches on this one. Something needs to change, whether it is the approach the coaches take or the coaches themselves.

The truth is this - in the past 4 years, we've had 1 mediocre season(2007) and 1 horrendous season(2009). If we still didn't have fresh memories of us in the CWS, there would be an even bigger outcry.

I hate calling for coaching changes, because there is always a healing/recovery/transition process. I'm not a supporter of the "coaching carousel." This doesn't mean that we can't be critical or skeptical of our current staff, no matter what the sport.

I don't usually call for a coaches head either and think Anderson has largely done well at the helm. However I have no confidence that coach Newman can find/develop talent. Our pitching staff has been going down steadily since Childress left, and this year has just been embarassing. I know we're young but we can't put one consistent starter out there?? I want Coach A to stay, who are we going to bring here that would be better anyway?, but Newman should step down.

Newman has been here for TWO YEARS. His 1st year, the pitching outperformed expectations above and beyond what anyone could of hoped for. This year obviously left a lot to be desired but how can you judge a guy on two seasons when one of them was stellar? Obviously you think that Newman has been here the entire time since Childress left for A&M but that is not the case...