UFC and such

GSG

The Faber vs Brown fight was disappointing!! Sucks Urijah broke his hands, hopefully he can rehab and gets a shot at the Aldo/Brown loser to start back on the road to regaining his belt. Here's a quick rehash in case you didn't catch it.

Brown Beats Faber Again

All that was proven in that fight was that Urijah Faber is one tough SOB!!! Brown had every opportunity to KO Faber and could not get it done. And damn near got choked out late in the fight. Brown even said after that fight when asked about the other possible contenders for the title, that he would like a 3rd fight. And stated that we had just seen the two best fighters @145 in the world. And after watching that fight, I have to believe him.

I have even more respect for Urijah Faber now because, I know from personal experience that a boxers fracture like the he suffered is freaking painful! There is no way I could have keep fighting for as long as he did. Not a chance! A truly gutsy performance, and a better fight than anything UFC has put on in years!

The Faber vs Brown fight was disappointing!! Sucks Urijah broke his hands, hopefully he can rehab and gets a shot at the Aldo/Brown loser to start back on the road to regaining his belt. Here's a quick rehash in case you didn't catch it.

Brown Beats Faber Again

All that was proven in that fight was that Urijah Faber is one tough SOB!!! Brown had every opportunity to KO Faber and could not get it done. And damn near got choked out late in the fight. Brown even said after that fight when asked about the other possible contenders for the title, that he would like a 3rd fight. And stated that we had just seen the two best fighters @165 in the world. And after watching that fight, I tend to believe him.

I have even more respect for Urijah Faber now because, I know from personal experience that a boxers fracture like the he suffered is freaking painful! There is no way I could have keep fighting for as long as he did. Not a chance! A truly gutsy performance, and a better fight than anything UFC has put on in years!

They fight at 145lbs, not 165.

Regardless, he did fight his ass off and it was one of the gutsiest performances I have ever seen from a fighter. When he started throwing elbows instead of punches I knew something wasn't right, but I never would have guessed how bad he was hurt by how he was still fighting. I thought he was going to choke out Brown near the end of the 5th, but couldn't lock it up. You could see from the expression on his face how much it hurt, yet he was still giving it his all. I can't wait for the rematch, I just wish he would've won this one.

Also, as much as I like Urijah and enjoy his fights, Brown is an excellent fighter and has a lot of character as well. I'm sure these two we'll be fighting for a few years to come and we'll be lucky enough to say that we witnessed it.

The MMA blogger at Yahoo! is making a big stink about the UFC 99 blog on espn because Jake Rossen, the espn/sherdog blogger, said Wanderlei Silva looked "fittingly simian" before the fight last Saturday. You can read more here.

Also, Shaq defends the honor of Jose Canseco. He also takes out Chuck Liddell!

Now we know people definitely have too much time on their hands. This is ridiculous!! First of all, he does look like a ape. Don't know if it's so much a monkey or a gorilla, but an ape nonetheless. Secondly, it isn't a racially charged term as Coefield states. It's more aimed at his body structure than it is his racial make up. Last time I checked Silva is Brazilian; not black, African, or any other race commonly misprofiled as ape-like. So how this could be portrayed, in any way, as a racial reference is beyond me. Lastly, the context in which it was written was that of humor and not meant to be anything remotely racist. If that was the case, maybe Rich Franklin's wife should also be upset for being portrayed as the busybody, typically fearful white women as the article describes. Sure the blogger could have used a better word to describe the beast he was referring to, but if that's what he saw than that's what he saw. Cofield and anybody else trying to make this a bigger issue than the poor taste of humor that it is, need to get a life.

Shaquille O'Neal vs Hong Man Choi

I think Shaq has the "athletic" advantage, but my guess his Hong Man Choi has been training for many more years than Shaq. If it ever happens, I got Choi by Decision.

Who ya got?

Shaquille O'Neal vs Hong Man Choi

I think Shaq has the "athletic" advantage, but my guess his Hong Man Choi has been training for many more years than Shaq. If it ever happens, I got Choi by Decision.

Who ya got?

I have Choi if it occurs, but I'd rather not ever watch a fight with these two. A complete waste of time.

• 2 weeks later...