State of Husker Baseball

How did he ride past talent in 2005? Past talent that miserably failed in 04 but then won a game in the CWS in 05? That's where i don't see the comparison.. That's what i said.

Fine, man. I'll just attempt to agree to disagree.

It's like I've said before - we have all the makings for a great baseball program...but hey, I guess it's just Nebraska Baseball, and nobody expects much anyway.

You can throw out all the, "well we were abysmal in 2004, but won in 2005" drivel that you want. If you don't see that there's an overall decline in both the quality of play and demeanor, then fine. More power to ya, buddy!

How did he ride past talent in 2005? Past talent that miserably failed in 04 but then won a game in the CWS in 05? That's where i don't see the comparison.. That's what i said.

Fine, man. I'll just attempt to agree to disagree.

It's like I've said before - we have all the makings for a great baseball program...but hey, I guess it's just Nebraska Baseball, and nobody expects much anyway.

You can throw out all the, "well we were abysmal in 2004, but won in 2005" drivel that you want. If you don't see that there's an overall decline in both the quality of play and demeanor, then fine. More power to ya, buddy!

Thing is, I'll ask you. Where is your proof of this "decline"? Sure, our pitching was down this year.. But our bats were the best they've been since 06. If you put last year's pitching with our offense from this year we go to the CWS, no questions asked. That is the potential we have if we can keep everybody around... Jesus, look at Yost today.. He's struggled to go deep in game this year because he didn't have the endurance.. As he continues to put weight on the kid is going to be a stud. I've said that.. If Nesseth comes back next year we have a pretty salty weekend rotation if they can just put the ball over the plate.. Really no point in sitting and calling me dense because i "can't see" what is going on in the program.. And throwing the "it's just nebraska baseball" card on me isn't going to fly. Like i've said before, I care more about the baseball program than i do the football one, and that's not a knock on football in any means, baseball is just my sport. So no point to go there.. We can agree to disagree that's fine, I'd like to see you're proof though. Because really, I can't see it.