BYU pulls in three big ones

By now, everyone has heard that quarterback Jake Heaps (Issaquah, Wash./Skyline) will be committing to BYU later today in Salt Lake City, Utah. The press conference is set for 2:00 MT and Heaps has said there will be two other surprises.

One has already hit the media and it's the commitment of Ross Apo (Arlington, Texas./ The Oakridge School), who has already de-committed from Texas. Apo is a very talented receiver and one of the most dominant players I saw during the entire Nike camp tour.

We've just learned that the other surprise commitment will be from Zac Stout (Westlake Village, Calif./Oaks Christian). Like Heaps and Apo, Stout is also mormon and the Cougars have been leading big for some time.

Stout is one of the top linebackers in the West region and earned second team, all-state underclass honors last season from CalHiSports.com. He's a big kid who can run and has the ability to play any of the linebacker positions. Nebraska, Arizona, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State have also offered Stout.

Oaks Christian and Skyline will actually play in Week 3 of the season next fall in a game that will be televised by ESPN.

espn article

Big recruiting day for BYU. Maybe the biggest day for any school this year.

By now, everyone has heard that quarterback Jake Heaps (Issaquah, Wash./Skyline) will be committing to BYU later today in Salt Lake City, Utah. The press conference is set for 2:00 MT and Heaps has said there will be two other surprises.

One has already hit the media and it's the commitment of Ross Apo (Arlington, Texas./ The Oakridge School), who has already de-committed from Texas. Apo is a very talented receiver and one of the most dominant players I saw during the entire Nike camp tour.

We've just learned that the other surprise commitment will be from Zac Stout (Westlake Village, Calif./Oaks Christian). Like Heaps and Apo, Stout is also mormon and the Cougars have been leading big for some time.

Stout is one of the top linebackers in the West region and earned second team, all-state underclass honors last season from CalHiSports.com. He's a big kid who can run and has the ability to play any of the linebacker positions. Nebraska, Arizona, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State have also offered Stout.

Oaks Christian and Skyline will actually play in Week 3 of the season next fall in a game that will be televised by ESPN.

espn article

Big recruiting day for BYU. Maybe the biggest day for any school this year.

Zac Stout is a mormon, but going to a Christian school? Sound weird to anyone else but me?

I know that mormons are christians, but I didn't think that mormons accepted other denominations.

Zac Stout is a mormon, but going to a Christian school? Sound weird to anyone else but me?

I know that mormons are christians, but I didn't think that mormons accepted other denominations.

I hadn't noticed that. It is odd, though. Maybe they have a good fb team, or good academics, or some other attraction.