The Press-Register's Super Southeast 150

Ranks the best players from the southeast

RANKINGS

-- 2. Jeff Luc, LB, Port St. Lucie (Fla.) Treasure Coast, (6-1, 230, 4.67). A head-hunter who blows up ballcarriers and also plays the pass well, his highlight films will give you whiplash. Considering offers from Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, LSU, Miami, Ole Miss, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State and USC.

-- 25. Giovanni Bernard, RB, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas, (5-9, 198, 4.5). Nice blend of size and speed. Rushed for 1,528 yards and 18 TDs in '08. Long list of offers includes Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Tennessee.

-- 32. Jordan Allen, DE, West Monroe (La.), (6-6, 241, 5.0). Made 60 tackles with nine sacks and forced seven fumbles as a junior. Has narrowed his list to Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss and Texas.

-- 76. Wes Rea, OL, Gulfport (Miss.) Harrison Central (6-5, 290, n/a). Buries defenders at the point of attack, then heads downfield looking for more. Also a baseball prospect as a pitcher. Has offers from Auburn, Arkansas, Colorado, Duke, Florida State, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Southern Miss, Nebraska, Stanford, Tennessee, Tulane, Louisiana Tech and Vanderbilt.

-- 89. Jarrett Fobbs, ATH, Shreveport (La.) Huntingdon, (5-11, 180, 4.45). All-purpose star had nearly 1,000 yards of total offense, averaged 27.9 yards per kick return with two scores and made four picks on defense. Has offers from Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and TCU.

-- 106. Travis Dickson, TE, Ocean Springs (Miss.), (6-3, 235, 4.7). The brother of LSU tight end Richard Dickson, he's a strong blocker who also could play fullback. Has offers from Auburn, Duke, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Southern Miss, Stanford and Tennessee.

RANKINGS

-- 2. Jeff Luc, LB, Port St. Lucie (Fla.) Treasure Coast, (6-1, 230, 4.67). A head-hunter who blows up ballcarriers and also plays the pass well, his highlight films will give you whiplash. Considering offers from Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, LSU, Miami, Ole Miss, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State and USC.

-- 25. Giovanni Bernard, RB, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas, (5-9, 198, 4.5). Nice blend of size and speed. Rushed for 1,528 yards and 18 TDs in '08. Long list of offers includes Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Tennessee.

-- 32. Jordan Allen, DE, West Monroe (La.), (6-6, 241, 5.0). Made 60 tackles with nine sacks and forced seven fumbles as a junior. Has narrowed his list to Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss and Texas.

-- 76. Wes Rea, OL, Gulfport (Miss.) Harrison Central (6-5, 290, n/a). Buries defenders at the point of attack, then heads downfield looking for more. Also a baseball prospect as a pitcher. Has offers from Auburn, Arkansas, Colorado, Duke, Florida State, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Southern Miss, Nebraska, Stanford, Tennessee, Tulane, Louisiana Tech and Vanderbilt.

-- 89. Jarrett Fobbs, ATH, Shreveport (La.) Huntingdon, (5-11, 180, 4.45). All-purpose star had nearly 1,000 yards of total offense, averaged 27.9 yards per kick return with two scores and made four picks on defense. Has offers from Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and TCU.

-- 106. Travis Dickson, TE, Ocean Springs (Miss.), (6-3, 235, 4.7). The brother of LSU tight end Richard Dickson, he's a strong blocker who also could play fullback. Has offers from Auburn, Duke, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Southern Miss, Stanford and Tennessee.

Thanks for the article and summary SECHusker. Anyone know what are chances are on some of these guys?

RANKINGS

Thanks for the article and summary SECHusker. Anyone know what are chances are on some of these guys?

Pretty sure little to no chance with any of them. I think it is significant though that we are making in roads into these regions, and that top prospects are still somewhat considering us.

But if we did land one most likely it would be bernard

Pretty sure little to no chance with any of them. I think it is significant though that we are making in roads into these regions, and that top prospects are still somewhat considering us.

Well it is good to have our name out there in SEC country. You really think Bernard eh? I like his stats and all, but I hope he would be the only RB we take if he somehow wants to come to NE. I know we have a long wait on the Green kid from Texas, but I like that kid. And Jeff Luc...seems like he has a slow 40 time compared to some of the other guys we are trying to get at LB. I like guys who have more of a ten yard burst more at linebacker and are smart football players, so I don't like to judge a guy based solely on 40 times. Just something that stood out to me, but who knows maybe the other guys have skewed times and maybe his time was somewhat slower due to unknown reasons and he could be faster than that. It's nice to see the #2 SE guy looking at us though.

Well it is good to have our name out there in SEC country. You really think Bernard eh? I like his stats and all, but I hope he would be the only RB we take if he somehow wants to come to NE. I know we have a long wait on the Green kid from Texas, but I like that kid. And Jeff Luc...seems like he has a slow 40 time compared to some of the other guys we are trying to get at LB. I like guys who have more of a ten yard burst more at linebacker and are smart football players, so I don't like to judge a guy based solely on 40 times. Just something that stood out to me, but who knows maybe the other guys have skewed times and maybe his time was somewhat slower due to unknown reasons and he could be faster than that. It's nice to see the #2 SE guy looking at us though.

The only reason why I say bernard is because a lot of the other competition has their RB or maybe pursuing RBs that are higher on their boards.

But I would love it if boliever was right. That would be a mean combo with Luc and Fehoko (who we seem to have a chance with).

Yea, I wouldn't put to much stock his 40 time. He looks as though he has enough speed, good range, great short area burst, and the list goes on. My only concern with him is his level of competition. I believe he does not play against 5A or 6A competition. However, he still looks legit and reminds me a lot of this years LB recruit