I heard the same thing, and you're right indy it didnt sound like it was just for effect. Good to hear. He sounded as if it was his first visit to Lincoln. I wanted the other broadcaster to remind him, "you think this is impressive, add an extra 70K to the party and let me know what you think."

You know, I didnt think that he was too bad as an analyst. The first game, I only caught the last 4 innings or so on TV (I got to listen to the short redhead on the radio the first 5 :( ), and that was at a bar, so I didnt really get to hear him much. I did get to watch the second game in its entirety, and I thought he was pretty decent, his voice wasnt pleasant, but his content was pretty good, IMO.

You know, I didnt think that he was too bad as an analyst. The first game, I only caught the last 4 innings or so on TV (I got to listen to the short redhead on the radio the first 5 :( ), and that was at a bar, so I didnt really get to hear him much. I did get to watch the second game in its entirety, and I thought he was pretty decent, his voice wasnt pleasant, but his content was pretty good, IMO.

Yeah, I wonder if he was just really nervous the first game...he was a terrific pitcher, and did a pretty good job!