Blackshirts

It's hard to imagine a scenario where Suh doesn't have his before the season starts.

No, it's not. I really doubt Bo would give 11 players blackshirts for the awesomeness of 1 player. Until that 11th player can earn it, nobody has a blackshirt.

Wrong. If you are a defensive starter, you are a f..ing black shirt. Do You understand the tradition General? The first team defense.....blackshirts. This is Husker 101.

We will know who the Blackshirts are after fall camp.

well, I'm just saying Bo isn't necessarily going to be about every starter on the defense gets a blackshirt. Yeah, the saefties might be set this year; what about our linebackers? Or the other DT spot? He isn't a total stickler to the tradition, and I wouldn't be too surprised if he doesn't hand them out before the season starts too for his own reasons.

I agree with you though: should be the 11 starters.

Maybe you just misunderstood my point; maybe you didn't; who knows.

For clarification: I doubt Bo would give only one player a blackshirt. Maybe it won't be the exact 11 starters, because there are more than 11 "starters" because it's just a technicallity that depends on our opening defensive package. So I'm sure there might be non-starters who get blackshirts, or vice-versa, but my point is that they will be handed out to a group and not to an individual.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong, I don't really keep up with this stuff. But with all the "we're a team" and "unity" talk coming from fall camp, I have a hard time believing that blackshirts are individualized.