Coyote Hunting

Did anybody hunt coyotes in the later 70s in the Lincoln/Waverly area using 4x4s and CB's.

Does anybody still hunt coyotes for the pelts anymore. We used to get 20-80's a piece for them then. I was just curious what they bring now. Or did we cause their demise?

I doubt it they roam freely in Hollywood

There are plenty in the area. My dad, grandfather, and uncle did plenty of it in the 60s and 70s, mostly around Omaha, Blair, Lincoln, and Humbolt areas.

The last time we sold any fur, which was 7 or 8 years ago, I think we could get about 5.00-10.00 for coyotes or coons, so the price could be higher now.

When I hunted Western Iowa a couple of years ago, we saw alot more coyotes than I can ever remember over there, but not as many in Eastern NE.

Western NE used to be good hunting ground in the early 80's. I used to hunt w/my Grandpa and uncles when I was about 5. (I was a bad ass). My Grandpa used trained greyhounds for a long time and then when I was a bit older we used to hunt them w/snowmobiles. I was too young to remember the coyotes but hunting them on snowmobile was a blast.

Dude,

In 1975 I had been out of the military for 1 year. I had worked on Puffs and the new Spectre gunships in Thailand. Shootin coyotes were recreation. I won't admit to what we did to kill coyotes in Ne. with 4x 4's or cb's. Hey, what are the statutes of limitations for this stuff. We used to hunt on snowmobiles in NW. NE for coyotes and got 75+ if they were silvertip. Lots of fun. Grindem'. Used a .357 Python for closeup or a .280 rem. for long range. dun do dem. We used to throw partys in the spring with the money. Keggers, band and roasted pigs. Ah the good life.

Sorry,

Didnt mean to drift off into the past. Sure was fun though. With gas prices now I would hate to burn 2-3 tanks of premium chasing "dogs". One memory was watching a friend in a HIboy Ford 4.4 roll it over a terrace at slow speed. I kept my 4/4 at stock height. Geez, now a 4" lift is normal. DAMN, chasing a coyote at 60 over a plowed field with a lifted truck would be DUH.