Bo's post practice talk

SwiftFan87

The Huskers had a relatively short practice on Monday. Left guard Keith Williams continues to sit out -- though he's expected back perhaps as soon as tomorrow -- and so did Andy Christensen, who has a boot on his left foot.

"He's got a turf toe," Bo Pelini said. "Your guess is as good as mine on how that long that will be."

Tight end Dreu Young did not suit up Saturday, but is "full go" according to Pelini.

Pelini said he thought right guard Ricky Henry played well in his first start Saturday night. For the record, Henry edged on Jacob Hickman for most pancakes in the game with 15.

"He made some mistakes, some things technique-wise, but his effort was great, he plays with a great attitude," Pelini said. "I thought overall, not just Ricky but the whole group up front, I thought played pretty solid."

Pelini said linebacker Mathew May suffered a stinger Saturday. It wasn't serious, but because the game was lopsided coaches held him out.

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extr...ctice_talk.html

Sucks that Christensen's out...anybody know how long a turf toe usually lasts?

My doctor said Turf Toe, in its worst cases, can require surgery to fix. Most of the time its only 1-3 weeks though, if you give it proper rest. Mine took two weeks and it was a Class II, whatever that means. But the problem with most athletes is they figure its only a toe, and it shouldn't cause too many problems if they just play through it. Pretty poor choice... It has to heal completely or else the joint capsule will rupture over and over. After that it is a recurring injury and takes quite a while.