What's Steele smoking?

He predicts that Reesing will have the 4th best performance by a QB, Sharp to have the top performance for a RB, Briscoe to have the 2nd best performance by a WR, Meier to have the 14th best WR production.

And yet, he goes completely away from his own computer rankings and picks UTEP to win by 1 point.

His computer predicts a KU win 38-26, and yet his human prediction is UTEP 38 - KU 37.

I'm starting to think Kansas fans are right that he's got some sort of grudge against them. In any event, he's already starting out to be a walking contradiction this year.

:wtf

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/Sep09/DBSep09.html

He predicts that Reesing will have the 4th best performance by a QB, Sharp to have the top performance for a RB, Briscoe to have the 2nd best performance by a WR, Meier to have the 14th best WR production.

And yet, he goes completely away from his own computer rankings and picks UTEP to win by 1 point.

His computer predicts a KU win 38-26, and yet his human prediction is UTEP 38 - KU 37.

I'm starting to think Kansas fans are right that he's got some sort of grudge against them. In any event, he's already starting out to be a walking contradiction this year.

:wtf

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/Sep09/DBSep09.html

like picking MU 5th in the North, but basing more than half his rankings strength on returning O-line play. Check out the total number of starts MU's line has. As you said WALKING CONTRADICTION.

even behind KSU... <_< what a tool :box

Yeah, Fro, in his magazine he predicted MU to have a losing season and Illinois one of most improved teams.

Batting .1000 there so far, Phil! Well, at least judging by 1 game, it's not possible. 11 more games to go to see just how far off he really is. I guess I thought there'd be a drop off by MU, but never thought they'd have a losing season, and would still be very competitive.

He may have predicted that bizarre order to the North division, but at least he's giving MU some respect by saying they'll have a blowout win against BG, as well as mentioning Gabbert and Alexander as those who will be surprises (in a good way) this week.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/Sep09/DBSep10.html

And, just a quick note to correct my original post, the performances by skill positions wasn't his own analysis, it was some other site's fantasy prediction. But still, he went pretty far off what his own precious computer predicted for KU@UTEP.