VT vs Nebraska - Who is the Quicker Team?

CoachKevin

VT Fans claim they are a lot Quicker than Nebraska. Anyone know the stats?

according to them we don't have a chance what a joke they think they have the National title in hand in truth the one real game they lost with just 155 total yards!!!

Subject: VT - Nebraska Breakdown

Posted by: CoachK on Wed Sep 16 2009 11:14:34 AM

Just my oppinion. This is how I think they Match up

VT Offense vs Nebraska Defense. I think VT is better here. If VT can run

the ball and stay out of 3rd and long, Nebraska will probably crowd the

box early. If it works, the playaction will become key. VT wins this

matchup.

Nebraska Offense vs VT Defense. Nebraska has the advantage here.

Nebraska has 2 good Backs a bunch of recievers and a good arm QB

that also is dual threat. The Huskers must stay Ballanced to win here.

Special Teams - Beamer always has the better special Teams. VT

Wins this aspect.

Injuries, VT is probably a hair more dinged up but nothing to make a big

impact on the game. I think all key players on both side will be ready.

Weather. Rain will help VT. Clear day is better for the Huskers.

I think the Huskers will need to win turnovers and maybe a big play on

special teams to have a chance.

Good question. Pure speed doesn't always win out against good coaching. Clemson was probably "faster" than we were last year . . . but we certainly out-played them. I think our speed is probably comparable to VT. They probably have the edge as far as QB and RB speed goes . . . but as far as team speed goes I'd think it's fairly even.

Back before the 1996 Fiesta Bowl, Sports Illustrated said Nebraska's lack of speed meant Florida would win the national championship "Bruised, Battered, but #1". Nebraska proved SI wrong.

I don't know that this game is about speed as much as ball control, and battles in the trenches. We need to shut down the VT QB's ability to break free and gain yardage. There can be only one way for him to go, BACKWARDS. Nebraska needs to pound the guy flat on his back, and Helu needs to rush through holes at full speed. Maybe give Helu the ball on some short yardage situations too, if we're in the Red Zone. Nebraska was in it to win it last year, and this this year, Nebraska is even better.

But in 96 Nebraska was faster than Florida and any other Team out there. Even though they were the Defending National Champs, The Media still believed Nebraska was Big and Slow. What they never picked up on was the reason Nebraska turned the corner was speed. They switched to the 4-3 simular to what Florida State was running and recruited more speed. McBride and Osbourn visited Florida State in the off season several times to learn their Defense. Bowden use to come to Nebraskas Coaching Clinic every year. Osbourn and Bowden were close friends and exchanged a lot of information.

Back before the 1996 Fiesta Bowl, Sports Illustrated said Nebraska's lack of speed meant Florida would win the national championship "Bruised, Battered, but #1". Nebraska proved SI wrong.

I don't know that this game is about speed as much as ball control, and battles in the trenches. We need to shut down the VT QB's ability to break free and gain yardage. There can be only one way for him to go, BACKWARDS. Nebraska needs to pound the guy flat on his back, and Helu needs to rush through holes at full speed. Maybe give Helu the ball on some short yardage situations too, if we're in the Red Zone. Nebraska was in it to win it last year, and this this year, Nebraska is even better.