BCS bowl game?

mitch93

I know it's only been three games. But do you guys think the huskers could make it to a bcs bowl game if we continue to get better throughout the season? Do you think we will? and lastly, what do you think we will have to do to get there?

If they continue to get better, yes, but they also need a lot of luck. No, I don't see it happening. To get there the Huskers can lose only one more game ... possibly two if they are close games against top teams. Moreover, the media and voters don't view Nebraska as elite so they will need signature moments to get peoples attention otherwise the spots in the BCS games will go to the same old teams. Honestly, losing early in the season in a heart breaking fashion like what happened today is probably the best way to lose. This loss will not really hurt the Husker's chances too badly if they continue to get better and dominate some teams. Voters will shrug it off as a new QB in a hostile environment and a team that had a few breaks not go their way.

I know it's only been three games. But do you guys think the huskers could make it to a bcs bowl game if we continue to get better throughout the season? Do you think we will? and lastly, what do you think we will have to do to get there?

We have exactly one chance to get to a BCS Bowl: Get to and win the CCG.

The Big 12 will have two reps in the BCS games, but it will be Texas and Oklahoma unless we win the CCG.

I don't like our chances based on our quarterback play today. Was it adequate? Yes. Will it win a CCG? No.

The Big 12 will have two reps in the BCS games, but it will be Texas and Oklahoma unless we win the CCG.

I don't like our chances based on our quarterback play today. Was it adequate? Yes. Will it win a CCG? No.

Will you get off of Zac Lee and your man crush with Cody Green. What makes you think that Cody Green is a better QB than Zac besides his 49 yard run in the first game? Green has over thrown recievers and he only knows like 17 plays. Give Lee some time and it was a tough place to play at and Lee's only played 3 games.

Will you get off of Zac Lee and your man crush with Cody Green. What makes you think that Cody Green is a better QB than Zac besides his 49 yard run in the first game? Green has over thrown recievers and he only knows like 17 plays. Give Lee some time and it was a tough place to play at and Lee's only played 3 games.

I don't know that he is. I'm just a fan asking the question, a-hole.

Dude, Buzbilly, i really hope ur name is the older Mr. Green because ur posts r ridiculous, zac lee did not lose us the vtech game..Zac Lee is and will continue to be our qb, he is a stud, our entire team is to blame for the loss.. and the huskers do have a chance to make the bcs... if we can be tech on the 17th we will be able to play with and possibly pull one out against texas in the big XII championship.. all is not lost after tonite

I don't know that he is. I'm just a fan asking the question, a-hole.

Your warning level has been increased for your personal attack.

A second violation will result in a suspension.

A third violation will result in a ban.

Im thinking 9-3. Still an improvement from last year though. I wouldnt hate bo or company for doing that. Play Iowa in a bowl game. That would be a great season for me. Im sick of iowa fans talking smack about there mediocer team.

Im curious, who would we lose against aside from Oklahoma?

We very well could go to a BCS bowl game but, it won't be easy because the road games at Mizzou and at KU will be very tough I think and the home game against OU will be very tough. IF, we somehow manage to win all those and the easier ones in between and go into the conference championship with momentum and confidence and win then were in a BCS bowl. But then again that's in a perfect world :) it's nice to dream.

Im thinking 9-3. Still an improvement from last year though. I wouldnt hate bo or company for doing that. Play Iowa in a bowl game. That would be a great season for me. Im sick of iowa fans talking smack about there mediocer team.

Ha.. i would love to play Iowa in a bowl game.. except that would be a slam in our face to play in the same game as the Idiots Out Wondering Around.. otherwise known as Iowa... we will play in a better bowl game then those fools

We very well could go to a BCS bowl game but, it won't be easy because the road games at Mizzou and at KU will be very tough I think and the home game against OU will be very tough. IF, we somehow manage to win all those and the easier ones in between and go into the conference championship with momentum and confidence and win then were in a BCS bowl. But then again that's in a perfect world :) it's nice to dream.

I understand how you guys can say the road games to Mizzou and Kansas will be tough, but do you really think that after today, they are loseable games?

Mizzou and Kansas are gonna be good games just like the VaTech game, but there is good amount of time for improvement and to fix mistakes before we play Mizzou and Kansas. Im not worried about these games at all, if our defense plays like it did today and our offense can convert within the red zone.