Our coaching staff has some explainin

Twodocs

These coaches are employees of the state of Nebraska This is not a pro team. This team and coach does represent the state and Pellini is the highest paid state employee!

All they have to do is conduct themselves well and act as a ADULT role models.

NOT like a 11 year old throwing a tantrum!

Don't curse. Don't belittle student players. Do not verbally abuse the fans, the media or other teams. Do not spit in the faces of the officals or grab players face masks and scream into their faces!

We own the stadium, the university, and the athletic programs including the 300 sellouts. We own the Husker program and the history! So I agree we do have certain standards we demmand! This is not Colorado or Missouri!

The coaching staff owes nothing to nobody. You're a fan. They don't answer to you or me.

Yeah... they do. When fans buy the tickets, mechandise, and attend the camps that help pay their salaries - the fans are owed a lot and a lot of honesty.

So you're sayin Pelini and his coaching staff needs to ask for forgiveness from all of Husker Nation? He should consult the fans first before each and every play? They should seek our advice on how practices go? If that's the case, I call Osborne's office and the rest of you can clean it.

The coaches/university do not owe us, the fans, any explanation as to why they call certain plays. The ONLY time they would owe ANY fan an explanation is IF there were something illegal. To think any fan deserves any type of explanation as to why a coach called a certain play or to explain why they lost a game is asinine.

You're getting away from your original argument which is "our coaching staff has some explainin" to do.

Expecting certain standards (sportsmanship, tough playing, etc) are reasonable expectations and I agree with them. But to expect the coaches to explain themselves to the fans why they lost a game or why they didn't go for it on 4th and 1 is not one of them. When you buy a ticket, t-shirt or an $8 coke at the stadium, you're getting nothing more than a ticket to a football game, a t-shirt to wear and the privilege of consuming an over-priced drink. There are no entitlements that come with those. To imply the university and it's staff are liable to you or any fan for the way a game plays out is incorrect.

The coaching staff owes nothing to nobody. You're a fan. They don't answer to you or me.

Yeah... they do. When fans buy the tickets, mechandise, and attend the camps that help pay their salaries - the fans are owed a lot and a lot of honesty.

So you're sayin Pelini and his coaching staff needs to ask for forgiveness from all of Husker Nation? He should consult the fans first before each and every play? They should seek our advice on how practices go? If that's the case, I call Osborne's office and the rest of you can clean it.

The coaches/university do not owe us, the fans, any explanation as to why they call certain plays. The ONLY time they would owe ANY fan an explanation is IF there were something illegal. To think any fan deserves any type of explanation as to why a coach called a certain play or to explain why they lost a game is asinine.

Ask for foregiveness? No way. But they should be honest and forthright when asked questions. Enough coach speak. When they are asked a question, answer it as though another coach behind closed doors asked it.

And I agree with that. But there are posters on this board right now (i.e. the OP of this thread) who seem to think Pelini and his staff owe the fanbase some explanation as to why this game played out the way it did. I agree to the fact Pelini was a little terse during his press conference but you have to cut the guy some credit. Everybody seem to be in agreeance they love his attitude and his passion. With the good comes the bad and people need to be willing to accept the bad.