Need a Pumping Up

Just kinda thinking to myself. I have high blood pressure and nothing drives that north like Big Red games. Feeling down thinkng we wont win any good games this year. People are already talking about beating missouri. Well who says we will. Im not saying fold in the season and lie in the fetal position. Im just kinda tired of puffing my chest out and screaming my head off only to come short. We got our asses handed to us last year buy mizzu. I want to see more of the gameplaying ive been seeing but i want the passion to come out with a win. Mizzu then texas tech. These arent cupcake teams. I dont know if my wittle heart can take it.

Just kinda thinking to myself. I have high blood pressure and nothing drives that north like Big Red games. Feeling down thinkng we wont win any good games this year. People are already talking about beating missouri. Well who says we will. Im not saying fold in the season and lie in the fetal position. Im just kinda tired of puffing my chest out and screaming my head off only to come short. We got our asses handed to us last year buy mizzu. I want to see more of the gameplaying ive been seeing but i want the passion to come out with a win. Mizzu then texas tech. These arent cupcake teams. I dont know if my wittle heart can take it.

Ok look at it this way, we just lost on the road to an opponent that has one of the most hostile environments to play in and they needed a miracle to beat us. Oh and btw they probably have the best red zone defense we'll play all year. No Big 12 defense will keep us out of the end zone like they did. Plus our players know they can compete with anybody anywhere now even though we lost. Both Mizzou and Tech are very good teams that should be ranked but I believe we can go on the road and beat Mizzou and follow it up with a good home win against Tech to get our season kicked into high gear. Just a positive way to look at it I guess.

Here are some pick me ups for you:

1) The defensive performance we saw on Saturday was championship defense. You take out that blown coverage that led to VaTech's touchdown late in the game, and our defense played phenomenally. You can't be upset with them giving up the early touchdown because VaTech got great field position.

2) Roy Helu had a career rushing game against a very stout and talented defense. He made them just look silly. With the exception of getting points on the board and completing key passes, we dominated them in almost every phase of the game that they were expected to dominate us in. If I were VaTech, I'd be embarrassed that many talked so highly of themselves and they almost lost.

3) Our team is now out for blood. After losing this heartbreaking game, they aren't going to want to feel this way ever again. This has made our team stronger and more physical. They are really going to go after somebodies head from here on out, just to prove a statement and say "hey, we know we are a better football team, and now we're going to show you for four quarters".