Areas of weakness

NoDoubt

I think some of our biggest weaknesses are:

Receiving. So many dropped balls each week. We need to catch all the easy ones PLUS once and a while come down with a difficult catch. Every non-husker game I watch someone makes an amazing one-handed grab or diving catch, why can't we do that!!!

Penalties. False starts and illegal procedure as well as unsportsmanlike conduct penalties (except late hits on QB's) are unacceptable.

Burning timeouts. Would've been nice to have a few in Blacksburg. I wouldn't be surprised if we need them in Columbia.

Receiving. So many dropped balls each week. We need to catch all the easy ones PLUS once and a while come down with a difficult catch. Every non-husker game I watch someone makes an amazing one-handed grab or diving catch, why can't we do that!!!

Penalties. False starts and illegal procedure as well as unsportsmanlike conduct penalties (except late hits on QB's) are unacceptable.

Burning timeouts. Would've been nice to have a few in Blacksburg. I wouldn't be surprised if we need them in Columbia.

:facepalm:

Thought I'd save you guys some time and palm myself:)

Well, I can recall broken coverage a handful of times so far this year, but overall the secondary has played much better than last year...and of course, not even in the same, (what's the Pelini-ism, solar system or galaxy?) as 2007. Maybe I'm nit-picking.

The offensive line needs to provide better QB protection. ZL spends too much time on the ground. Also need to start catching those 'catchable' passes. Time to wise up on the offense and give the defense a break.

I hear ya. I think Zac will be okay as he gets used to dealing with the pressure and his accuracy will be where it's at in the easy games. The receivers, on the other hand, have to find open field. It's bad enough that they don't catch balls that hit them in the hands...they need to beat the defender and win the fight on jump balls. We haven't really seen anything extraordinary from them yet. Chris Brooks has been a good surprise though.

I am on Rivals on Mizzou's home page and I found a link entitled "like Father, Like Son<Husker's come calling". In this Article it breaks down the Advantage's that they think Mizzou has, and the dis advantage's that mizzou has.

Advantages: One of the Writers say one of the biggest Advantage's that Mizzou has Is the Player's Drinking the Red kool-aid just like there fan's. Second advantage Nebraska Linebackers and secondary can't cover Mizzou's recievers. I Laughed at the first Advantage when I saw it, the second one i cant really say for sure, We havent played any reall good reciever's but then Again Mizzou has not played any real good Defence's .

They do go on to Say that Nebraska has gotten better, but is not back yet, which Is a fair assesment. What are all your thought's about the Advantages they have listed for Mizzou??

As has been the case in the past, I think the biggest threat to us is the deep ball. More than anything, this seems to what it comes down to when deciding what makes or breaks games for us-and I expect that to again be the case against Misery.

(Hopefully this post qualifies for the HuskerBCS seal of approval :lol: )

I am on Rivals on Mizzou's home page and I found a link entitled "like Father, Like Son<Husker's come calling". In this Article it breaks down the Advantage's that they think Mizzou has, and the dis advantage's that mizzou has.

Advantages: One of the Writers say one of the biggest Advantage's that Mizzou has Is the Player's Drinking the Red kool-aid just like there fan's. Second advantage Nebraska Linebackers and secondary can't cover Mizzou's recievers. I Laughed at the first Advantage when I saw it, the second one i cant really say for sure, We havent played any reall good reciever's but then Again Mizzou has not played any real good Defence's .

They do go on to Say that Nebraska has gotten better, but is not back yet, which Is a fair assesment. What are all your thought's about the Advantages they have listed for Mizzou??

There's no kool-aid allowed in the Husker locker room. If Pellini every wins a National Championship the first thing he will say in the press conference is "well, I saw some good things but we have a lot to work on.