Poll Garbage

RedGixxer

How can Oklahoma drop from 8th to 21st after getting beat on the road without their starting QB?

How can So Cal be ranked 7th after getting beat by an unranked team?

How can Cincinnati be ranked 10th when they play NOBODY?

How can Boise State be ranked 6th when nobody has even heard of them and they play NOBODY?

Why is Penn State ranked ahead of Iowa after Iowa kicks their ass?

Why is Mizzu ranked at all when they haven't played ANYBODY?

I don't even want to talk about Virginia Tech ranked 5th.

This is the absolute worst polling I have even seen in my life. Have they outsourced the people who vote in these things or what? Are they from the other side of the world? Do they even have the faintest clue. These polls are meaningless and always will be until there is a playoff involving at least 32 teams. The National Champ is meaningless since there's no playoff. What a joke. Guess that's why I love March Madness.

many folks realize how goofy these polls are this time of year.

hell, most teams are only just touching their conference schedules.

about week 10 they will make SOME sense, even the last poll can be a crapshoot.

:boxosoap

The last poll IS a crapshoot because the polls are CRAP to begin with. That's the problem. I think at least half a dozen teams or more get screwed out of playing for the NC because of the idiotic polls. That goes for the BCS garbage poll as well. We need playoffs NOW NOW NOW !

many folks realize how goofy these polls are this time of year.

hell, most teams are only just touching their conference schedules.

about week 10 they will make SOME sense, even the last poll can be a crapshoot.

:boxosoap

The last poll IS a crapshoot because the polls are CRAP to begin with. That's the problem. I think at least half a dozen teams or more get screwed out of playing for the NC because of the idiotic polls. That goes for the BCS garbage poll as well. We need playoffs NOW NOW NOW !

Personally I'd like to see every conference have a Championship Game. The winner from every CCG is then in the playoff system. That would let all the non-BCS teams (ie, Boise State, Utah, TCU, etc) get their chance. You could make the playoffs at neutral sites that currently hold Bowl games to keep the cities revenue.

Personally I'd like to see every conference have a Championship Game. The winner from every CCG is then in the playoff system. That would let all the non-BCS teams (ie, Boise State, Utah, TCU, etc) get their chance. You could make the playoffs at neutral sites that currently hold Bowl games to keep the cities revenue.

No matter how it is done there will still be problems. If you have a conference championship for each team then the loser of the SEC championship get left out when both of those team (LSU and Florida) are better than the majority of who would be conference champions. If you make it the top eight team for a playoff team 9 - 25 will still complain. The only thing you can do is win and win consistently. Teams that finish with 10 win seasons get the benefit of the doubt in polls. We cant be bottom feeder for 5 years and expect to get respect becuase we played a team close. Win and there is no dispute. If we lose to Missouri we wont have to worry about ranking becuase we wont be ranked.

There are 11 conferences, each conference champion gets an automatic qualifier, there are 5 at large bids which are selected based of the BCS rankings. A committee just like in basketball seeds the teams and there you have it. If someone gets left out, too bad, win your conference....

Stupid. Sun Belt should get an automatic qualifier, huh? Oh, ok, that's smart.

Why would the Sun Belt winner not get an automatic qualifier? Why are we even having this conversation to begin with, ohhh wait I know because two non BCS conferences have produced 3 undefeated teams in the last few years and therefore people recognize the system is incredibly flawed and biased. In order to create a fair system of including all the conferences just like in basketball and then seed them. So if the season ended today with Florida winnng the SEC and probably the #1 seed they would play their first round game against the champion of the Sun Belt. This is no different then what we see come March and that system has worked great. So perhaps the next time you want to call me stupid, perhaps you should at least read a sports page from time to time to get a glimpse of who was won what in recent years.