Kansas at #9 Nebraska, Wednesday 10/7/2009

Werth was a beast this match. That dig out of the net where she spun the ball over, then got back up for the hit was particularly impressive. Later in the third, that crushing blow down the line was very Eileen Shannon-esque.

Agreed. That was awesome.

She's come a long way and we're finally starting to see what she's capable of. In one or two years she's going to be something special.

And it's nice to see getting back into the regular rotation. It seems to me that this is a different team when she's on the court.

There were definitely some positive signs in last night's match. I think this team grew up some in the Oklahoma match, when they could have easily folded after losing the fourth set but came back out and took charge of the fifth.

Hannah had a lot of hits against a single block last night which usually means the setter is doing a great job. I haven't looked at the stats but it seemed like the team had a lot fewer hitting errors than they've been plagued with lately. They still have some things to clean up but I think last night we saw a step forward in this team's development.

I will get to see them live when they play Texas in Austin on the 30th. Awesome!