I may not be in line with some, many, or all of the posters here, but for my money you can come here anytime.

Your thoughts and comments were well put together and very unbiased IMO. That is what message boards are about and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. I apologize for the select few who turned the whole topic into a bashing because, what you had to say they didn't want to hear.

we may agree or disagree with your opinions but your logic and arguments were well thought out.

I only wish that people would rebuke or debate your comments with logic and thought as well.

Most of your post was great including the Husker faithfull but it really is a shame that a few had to get on and completely disregard your comments simply because they didn't favor the skers.

I think NU wins but have truly appreciated your insight and thoughts.

didn't say he was treated poorly in terms of threats or calling him names etc.

So he is a homer, so are you, so am I.

The point is, some get on a message board and expect everyone to post only pro-husker topics.

He had a point and he made it, in a well thought out way. Its his opinion, he presented it calmly and without animosity towards us.

It is unfortunate that some of the Husker Faithful get upset when people have a differing opinion.

All i was saying is that, unlike many trolls that come here or to other boards, He was rational.

For my money, i would take dissenting views like his all day long as they make for good debate.

As for how he treats people on his board, i dont know because i dont frequent it.

Oh SH%#,

I am at work and was running through posts and when i started this it was after reading a few. I have gone back through to try to give examples and have realized that i am wrong

I addressed this to DocNice but meant to address it to IV Hokie. I got things backwards.

I stand corrected on the DocNice post. I dont know if he is bad or not but his post was good, too.

I was upset by some of the lack of respect towards IV Hokie in his post wishing us good luck.

Between phone calls and interruptions and other work details, i started a rant directed at one post while addressing it to a different poster.

Sh*& happens.

don't feel lonely, :laughpound j/k

trolls are but a blink in board time(which sometimes seems like forever <_< _) but trolls are self limiting by their very nature.

Valuable contributors get better with time, I know I know like a fine wine. :lol:

Luckily, I've never made a bad statement or typed a erroneous post whew :laughpound

GBR

didn't say he was treated poorly in terms of threats or calling him names etc.

So he is a homer, so are you, so am I.

The point is, some get on a message board and expect everyone to post only pro-husker topics.

He had a point and he made it, in a well thought out way. Its his opinion, he presented it calmly and without animosity towards us.

It is unfortunate that some of the Husker Faithful get upset when people have a differing opinion.

All i was saying is that, unlike many trolls that come here or to other boards, He was rational.

For my money, i would take dissenting views like his all day long as they make for good debate.

As for how he treats people on his board, i dont know because i dont frequent it.

Again, show where he has been treated poorly. Provide examples. 90% of our interactions with him have been discussion of stats and situations in games.

You seem to be saying that because we disagree with what he's saying and provide stats and/or examples of where our opinions differ, that this is somehow bad.

Further, his points are erroneous. He intentionally leaves out information, he misquotes or mistakes stats, and he consistently paints every situation in favor of his Tigers, whether the facts warrant them or not. Several of us, me included, have pointed out the errors in his logic or information. We've done it civilly, and without name-calling.

For this, you feel the need to publicly apologize for our behavior?

You are way off base here. Embarrassingly so.

For record, I think I've been treated very well here. I do tend to try to drum up conversation. That means pushing the envelope a little bit. I try to be respectful, but let's be honest, how boring would it be if I just came here and said, "You guys are so awesome, I sure hope Thursday's game is good. Good luck." Seriously, that would be lame.

I appreciate the kind words from Travis though and glad that he feels I haven't pushed it too much.

However, since Knapplc has gone out of his way to call me out, I hope the rest of the board will be patient enough to allow me to respond.

First, what I do at Tigerboard is relevant to Tigerboard. I don't hide my identity or choose another handle. But I don't come here and complain about one of your posters not being respectful enough to Mizzou. Whether what I post there is what I really feel or just me having fun doesn't really matter, but you're welcome to engage me in debate either here or there if I say something you don't like.

Second, Knapp, earlier I saw someone post something very nice about you. They said you were only swayed by really solid, logical posts supported by evidence. It sounded like you a wise old spock able to see above the fray. I have to say, I don't think you're quite living up to those standards. That's not to say you don't in general like evidence-based arguments, but IMHO you're not quite the wise old spock.

As you mentioned, I'm a mod at Tigerboard. That doesn't give me any kind of credibility. Hell, Nick probably only puts up with me because I'm one of the only people mods that can suffer the politics board and keep it in line. But it does mean I've been at this a while, and I've seen just about every kind of poster and every kind of argument. Particularly on the politics board, you'd better have your ducks in a row or you're going to look stupid. What I'm trying to say is, I feel like I've also got a reputation as someone who is swayed by a logical, evidence-based argument.

Where I think you're falling short, IMHO, is this. If someone makes a claim supported by evidence, you can effectively argue your point of view by doing one of two things:

1) Argue directly against the evidence. Example: Arrelius Benn is not a top receiver in the Big Ten. Response: He is projected as the 2nd receiver taken in the draft.

Or 2) I can provide evidence that does not directly address your evidence, but instead supports my argument. Example: Illinois is a cupcake. They are 1-3 and they suck. Response, they have the best receiving corps in the Big Ten and the returning leader in Total Offense in the conference. This is not the talent of a cupcake.

Now, if I understand your beef with me correctly, you say I "ignore" the evidence that doesn't support me. Well no, I take that into account and provide other evidence that does support me. It's rarely black and white. However, the biggest sin I see in your accusation is that you haven't argued these things directly to me as far as I've seen. If you think I'm misquoting stats, then point that out. If you think I'm taking the best case scenario for the Tigers, say why you think it's not a balanced view.

I know I'm a homer, and I've been wrong before, but I also try to set that aside when evaluating the Tigers as best I can even if it's not entirely possible. It was a homer thing to say Nevada was a good team when they started 0-3. But I saw what I saw, and when they put up 773 yards of offense against a mediocre but not bad team, it didn't seem like such a homer opinion to me. So when I say I see "XYX" about our team that's not showing up in the stats, I hope you'll take that into consideration. By the same token, if you say "I know our defensive ends are racking up a ton of sacks, but I really like the pressure they get on the QB" then I would similarly take that into account.

Lastly, I don't want to turn this into a personal pissing match. I'll watch for your response, and I'll read it, take it into account even if I find it wrong, and let it go. If you want to talk to me more, register at Tigerboard and we can talk via the board or instant message. I don't want to ruin everyone else's day here because of our beef.

P.S. - Knapp, I do feel a little bad that you've taken me the wrong way. Perhaps I've crossed the line and if so, I apologize. I've enjoyed talking with you, and always thought that we just disagreed because we're homers. I think we both agree that each team is capable of beating the other and we both think we have the edge. Ultimately, this is how things should be.

don't feel lonely, :laughpound j/k

trolls are but a blink in board time(which sometimes seems like forever <_< _) but trolls are self limiting by their very nature.

Valuable contributors get better with time, I know I know like a fine wine. :lol:

Luckily, I've never made a bad statement or typed a erroneous post whew :laughpound

GBR

I must have missed your response to my position by position breakdown, or the head to head matchups. Yep, classic troll tactics.

Now, if I understand your beef with me correctly, you say I "ignore" the evidence that doesn't support me. Well no, I take that into account and provide other evidence that does support me. It's rarely black and white. However, the biggest sin I see in your accusation is that you haven't argued these things directly to me as far as I've seen. If you think I'm misquoting stats, then point that out. If you think I'm taking the best case scenario for the Tigers, say why you think it's not a balanced view.

P.S. - Knapp, I do feel a little bad that you've taken me the wrong way. Perhaps I've crossed the line and if so, I apologize. I've enjoyed talking with you, and always thought that we just disagreed because we're homers. I think we both agree that each team is capable of beating the other and we both think we have the edge. Ultimately, this is how things should be.

This thread is goofy from the start, and it should never have been used to call a person out. That's not what it's about, and that's not what I'm about.

My beef with your use of stats can best be summed up in the discussion of SOS, where you chose to focus specifically on games won by Nebraska (ignoring VT) while at the same time ignoring Furman for Missouri. This was well discussed between us, and probably resolved. We've discussed so much I don't know what all we've put to rest or not. But whatever.

I don't want you to feel bad. You're a homer and you support your team. Coincidentally, so am I. That's how I see it, and I have no animosity toward your comportment here on Huskerboard. What happens at Tiger Board... is best left to a discussion over there. But I'm not registered there, and frankly, I like the atmosphere here much better.

This whole thing reeks of being blown way out of proportion and I'm afraid if we keep discussing it, we're going to end up in a group hug. Nobody wants that. :)