Turn the corner

In the beginning of the season I made the statement amongst friend that in order for NU to be on it way back we must beat three of the four teams on our schedule that finished with 10 wins. Before I’m crucified, the reason I say this is last year we finished. Removing Clemson from the equation the combined record of NU opponents last year was 85 – 68. Sounds nice but if you subtract the records of the teams NU lost to last year (43 – 10) that leaves an opponent record of 42 – 56.

So what I felt was in order to say that we are a progressing team there has to be a win against. One of the four 10 win teams must be beat. (VT, MU, TT, or OK) Obviously one of those teams lost to us last night. Are we better?

The reason I ask is there was a belief that MU was not very good prior to this game. I know some people said it would be a battle, but there was bravado amongst many that the team would roll. Comment like they barely beat Bowling Green, Illinois and Juice Williams sucks, Furman is garbage.

One thing I notice on this board is people comment on how bad teams suck and NU will dominate them and when the game is close all of a sudden the team is pretty good. I may be way off but just my thought ladies and gentleman.