Lester Ward

Watching Lester Ward in the Spring Game he looked like a big physical bruiser of a running back. He has been listed (Im pretty sure) as the number 2/3 running back on the depth chart all year long. Then today when Burkhead and Helu (second half) are out, we dont even see Ward for one snap. Something is wrong here because he looked solid from what I saw. It was pretty sad when Austin Jones got a shovel pass and was just obliterated immediately because he is soooo small. I dont know about you guys but Id love to see a running back out there who is 6'3" 220ish running downhill out of the I-formation. The only reason I can think that Ward is not playing is that he isn't as good catching the ball out of the backfield and Watson wants to pass pass pass and then run maybe 2 times a quarter.

Watching Lester Ward in the Spring Game he looked like a big physical bruiser of a running back. He has been listed (Im pretty sure) as the number 2/3 running back on the depth chart all year long. Then today when Burkhead and Helu (second half) are out, we dont even see Ward for one snap. Something is wrong here because he looked solid from what I saw. It was pretty sad when Austin Jones got a shovel pass and was just obliterated immediately because he is soooo small. I dont know about you guys but Id love to see a running back out there who is 6'3" 220ish running downhill out of the I-formation. The only reason I can think that Ward is not playing is that he isn't as good catching the ball out of the backfield and Watson wants to pass pass pass and then run maybe 2 times a quarter.

Brenham runs the spread, his HS team.

What does that have to do with anything?

What does that have to do with anything?

He never was an I-formation RB and is kinda to tall.

Watson has no clue as to what in hell he's doing. He's to the offense what Cosgrove was to the defense.Watson needs to get out of town...