Favorite Plays

Just wonderin' what some of people's favorite non-husker football plays are.

For college, I gotta go with LaVar Arringtons leap accross the line.

ANd I gotta get my Broncos in here and mention the flip Elway did near the end of the Broncos-Packers superbowl. That man is a God.

Ahman Greens 80 yard touchdown breakaway on the 1st play of the game at CU in '95(?)..

Dan Alexander running away from track star Ben kelly at CU in '01(?)

Clinton Childs 65 yd td run vs ASU on the first play of the freakin season in I believe 1995 (15 yd flag took us to 35 yd line)

Oh shyte sorry you said NON HUSKER plays! DOH. Sorry I see mostly RED.

UHmmmm how about Brett Favre (take your pick of plays) vs Oakland Raiders day after his Father passed. Wow best performance EVER in a pro sports game. Period, regardless of situation.

Took me a while to think of one that didn't involve red also...

Definately agree on that Farve game as well. I respected him before that game but...wow. One of the best players to ever put on a jersey.

That's why I love the Denver-Green Bay superbowl so much. Two of the best, toughest, most competetive players ever. I had to root against 'em during that game but I was an instant Farve fan afterwards.

I went and watched my Niece in The Wizard of Oz. Is that what you mean by play.

Flutie's hail mary to beat the Canes. Or Korn-Hole Stewart's to beat Michigan.

If were talking all sports gotta go with Kirk Gibson hitting the homer off the Eck. Classic!!! Or MJ driving the lane and switching hands for tehsweet finger roll against Magic and the Lakers.

If were talking all sports gotta go with Kirk Gibson hitting the homer off the Eck. Classic!!!

:cheers

Also, I'd have to say the Culpepper to Moss to Moe Williams TD when Moss threw it behind his back to Williams without even looking back in '03. Vince Carter jumping over some 7'2" French dude and jamming on him in the '00 Olympics. Luis Gonzalez's broken bat single over Luis Sojo's head to win the 2001 world series(just for ETR). ;)

The Immaculate Reception. For the couple of years preceeding it, Oakland knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs. To beat them was sweet enough, but on a play like that was heaven.

Also, when Philly won the NBA title against the Lakers, there was a play where Dr. J defied the laws of gravity. Took off from the right side of the lane, started to come back to earth just as he reached the basket and a defender was there, flew under the basket, came out on the opposite side, rose up again, and finger-rolled the ball in. All without ever touching the ground. Simply amazing.

Lance Armstrong coming out of nowhere last year at the TDF, when he kicked hard enough to beat that stupid Euro that sniped his teammate. You guys remember that? Lance was trying to let his teammate take the Yellow Jersey, and this A-hole tried making a late burst to sneak in there. I know it seems like this should just be good competition, but there are "codes" in riding just like other sports. The right thing to do would have been to let the guy take it, it only gained the Euro 1 second overall. But when Lance saw this and realized his teammate didnt have it in him to out-kick the Euro, he got PISSED - the look on his face was priceless - so he dug down DEEP and made a HUGE push at the last second and clipped the damn Euro by a small fraction. It was one of the best moments in TDF history, and I think one of the classic moments in all of sports!