Has anyone else seen.....

Yes, I believe it does matter quite a bit. Sure, the line did not play well against Tech, but there were plenty of times where Lee had the necessary three seconds and couldn't pull the trigger. He just isn't seeing the field, and when he does actually throw it, his rhythm is off and his accuracy is rarely good. Just the threat of being able to throw accurate passes longer than ten yards downfield can really improve this offense a lot. With a passing threat and a little improvement on the line and with the receivers, this offense can be good. A confident, accurate quarterback with the pocket presence of Green can be a huge spark for the whole offense, and certainly open up the running game and give Helu a chance for a big day.

Of course Green is going to throw some ugly INTs, but I'd rather have 3 INTs and 20+ points than no INTs, a bunch of five-yard passes and 3 points. Our schedule is very favorable considering the most important game left (probably) is against Kansas, who we match up well with. Iowa St. is the perfect game to start Green and see if we can get this offense on track against a couple of lower-tier Big 12 teams (who are still better than the Sun Belt teams).

If you don't think a new quarterback can spark an offense, just look at Colorado. Under Hawkins, people at Netbuffs were basically on suicide watch. I saw one poster, during the Toledo game, say he'd never turned off a game before the final gun in 30+ years as a CU fan, until that game. That's how hopeless they felt. Then they bring in the true sophomore Tyler Hansen and he jump-starts the Buffs to a huge win over undefeated Kansas. He had pretty solid day, made some plays with his feet and had 2 TDs. He's a running threat and that opened up their tailback for a productive day (100+ yards) against a pretty stiff KU run D.

We are lucky to have a defense as good as ours, and it will only improve from here. But we can't waste Suh's final season with a completely inept offense that can't even sustain a drive. It's sad. We are in desperate need of a change.

we are not running the ball well either... is that Lee's fault too? Just don't like seeing one person to blame when there are 10 other guys not doing their job either.

The facts of the matter are simple - this is not all Lee's fault.

The receivers are dropping balls they should be catching, the RB's aren't making the cuts they shouldn't be making, the o-line is pathetic, the play calling is really poor, and the QB's are not being properly coached or developed.

Sure Lee is hanging onto the ball too long, sometimes throws behind his receivers, and is not throwing ball as much as he is aiming it.

This offensive implosion is a mass effort that begins with Watson and filters all the down to the last sub on the offense.

If it doesn't matter who is behind center than we might as well start Green because ...well it doesn't matter.

If it does matter who is behind center than we might as well start Green because Lee just hasn't been very good.

Now Green might not be the answer I know, the whole offense has to play better, but I believe it's worth a shot. If it's too early for Green we can switch back to Lee. You gotta try. Lee had his chances.

If it doesn't matter who is behind center than we might as well start Green because ...well it doesn't matter.

If it does matter who is behind center than we might as well start Green because Lee just hasn't been very good.

Now Green might not be the answer I know, the whole offense has to play better, but I believe it's worth a shot. If it's too early for Green we can switch back to Lee. You gotta try. Lee had his chances.

That's just it. The offense has sucked against real competition. Sure they had a good 4th quarter against MU, but after Saturday that looks more like a fluke than anything else. Obviously there are many problems that need to be fixed, but its not like we have another great offensive line waiting on the bench or some awesome receivers yet to see game time or some great stable of RBs like USC. Quarterback is the one place we can make a big change. Its time to make it.

That's just it. The offense has sucked against real competition. Sure they had a good 4th quarter against MU, but after Saturday that looks more like a fluke than anything else. Obviously there are many problems that need to be fixed, but its not like we have another great offensive line waiting on the bench or some awesome receivers yet to see game time or some great stable of RBs like USC. Quarterback is the one place we can make a big change. Its time to make it.

I get that. But because the O appears to be so inept, changing QB's at this time will do nothing except give the new QB bad stats and a loss of confidence. More than the QB must be changed and changed immediately.