The Future of Nebraska Football

Landlord

I'm positive we can get back into a dynasty. All we have to do is give Pelini some time. Only the 2nd year guys. I hope you all learned the same lesson I did with Solich.

:yeah

It strikes me funny how some people on here seem to be under the impression that we were winning or in the running for National Titles every year under TO. Not even close, there was a 20+ year gap between our two title runs ( early 70's and mid 90's). Yes, TO came close in 82 and 83 but didn't win it. In the last 40+ yrs, we have had only two losing seasons (under him who can't be named) and one season were we went 7 and 7 under Solich. A lot of seasons under TO we had just 9 wins and 3, somtimes 4 losses. So, were we usually just mediocre? NO, most programs would KILL for those kind of records year in and year out. Last year, Pelini's 1st, he went 9 and 4, damb good considering what he inherited and way better than "He who can't be named" did and he inhereted a team coming of a 10-3 season. We could still have 9 or more wins this year (yes it is possible) and that seems to just not be good enough. We are fine, and some people really need to come back down to reality. I would consider a program that can have strong winning seasons (not just barely, by one win) 95% of the time, a dynasty. GO HUSKERS!!!

:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t