I've lost faith in our Offense

Apathy

Our Offense hasn't shown up to play football against 4 BCS Football programs. We did not score a TD at Virginia Tech. It took us 4 quarters to finally score a TD against Mizzou and Texas Tech. We finally score in the first quarter against ISU and then cough up 8 turnovers with almost half of them in the Redzone. What the hell is going on???

Shawn Watson/Playcalling: Everybody will admit that last year Shawn Watson was almost like God and people praised him in his playcalling and how he was one of the best in the nation with controlling the ball and working the clock. What the hell has happened within a year really its like he forgot that you can run the ball in a game instead of sticking to just one thing....Passing. Whats with running the Shotgun formation most of the game and then running those same WR screens to the side of the field. We haven't really taken advantage of throwing the ball to our TE who is one of the best in the Big 12 and right now McNeil is the only one that really wants to catch the ball. We finally decided to run the ball against ISU and it seemed to work at times but when it did we would pass the ball the next two plays. First down markers run from goaline to goaline not sideline to sideline. I finally saw a few play calls that had a FULLBACK AND 2 TE's holy hell he must of been drunk to call that play.

Zac Lee: When the season started and with all of the talk that Green would be our starter by Conference play I would always disagree and was always supporting Lee. Now Lee has shown playing gainst tougher opponents that he struggles and doesn't find a groove at all. He focuses more on his target to allow the defense to react to it and make a play. Most of the time he doesn't know where the other receivers are or what they're doing because he's watching one WR and thats it. Most of his completions are within 5-7 yards but anything beyond that is overthrow, thrown behind the receiver or over the receiver, or thrown at their feet. Lee is no better than Keller at this point and right now he is hurting this Offense besides the WR's dropping balls. Actually Lee right now isn't even a D-1 athlete in my eyes.....he has perfect games against low tier opponents and struggles big time against a tougher opponent and ISU really isn't a tough opponent I'm sorry but they're not.

WR's: Catch the f*@king ball. When hits your hands you gotta catch the ball. Take off the gloves and catch the ball. Some people will disagree that the gloves are not the factor but going back to the Mizzou game when Paul took his gloves off at halftime he showed up and caught 2 huge TD's with no gloves on in the cold weather and it was raining. Some people will argue that the gloves give them a better grip on the ball but that didn't show today with all of the drop passes and turnovers. Do our WR's even want to play football? Most of these passes that are being dropped most of the time are on the money.

Niles Paul: Besides the Mizzou game this kid has been a bust within the past week if not year. Dropped that easy ball last week to cost us 7 points and fumbling the ball at our own what 10 yard line or so to cough up a turnover. Nobody even hit Paul and he still lost the ball...how does that happen? Is it a lack of focus, concentration, confidence? What do our players need to do to catch passes and make plays. I bet if Zac Lee threw Niles some car keys and a can of beer Niles would've been all over that and actually caught the damn thing....cheap shot I know but none of these players should be happy with their performance for most of the season.

At halftime I knew that we would play a better ball game in the 2nd half because I believe that Nebraska has always played their better football in the 2nd half under Bo. When we couldn't score in the 3rd quarter and about halfway thru the 4th quarter I had no confidence in our Offense to march the football down the field to score a TD or to allow Henery to kick a field goal. I'm sorry but call me a bad Husker fan or a terrible fan but todays game and last weeks game has really put a sour taste in my mouth and its been hard to watch these past two games. How can we allow ISU to beat us at HOME???? I don't think any Husker fan should be happy or satisfied with the way our Offense has been playing for the past four BCS Football programs. If our Offense continues to play like this and Watson calling the games like he has it'll going to be a long season and we just might not be able to beat anybody else.