Off-topic: What are your football resumes?

I'm just curious who here as played football and to what degree? Who here as coached? At what level? He thinks his opinion somehow matters and others don't. So, I'll start it off:

I played high school football and played QB and Safety in Nebraska, class C-2. First team defense all conference as a senior. No college. I decided to go to the U to watch my beloved Huskers play and get an engineering degree instead. Not exactly an impressive football resume, but when you're 160 lbs, what are you supposed to do? I think the fact that I paid for an education there and get asked to donate money and have supported them my whole life gives me the right to an opinion and to not be satisfied with the product on the field. So let's hear your experiences. I'm really curious to hear them. And I especially look forward to hearing pctopeka tell us about who he played for and why everyone else are a bunch of babies who never played football and didn't get enough attention from their mommies.

:box

I'm just curious who here as played football and to what degree? Who here as coached? At what level? He thinks his opinion somehow matters and others don't. So, I'll start it off:

I played high school football and played QB and Safety in Nebraska, class C-2. First team defense all conference as a senior. No college. I decided to go to the U to watch my beloved Huskers play and get an engineering degree instead. Not exactly an impressive football resume, but when you're 160 lbs, what are you supposed to do? I think the fact that I paid for an education there and get asked to donate money and have supported them my whole life gives me the right to an opinion and to not be satisfied with the product on the field. So let's hear your experiences. I'm really curious to hear them. And I especially look forward to hearing pctopeka tell us about who he played for and why everyone else are a bunch of babies who never played football and didn't get enough attention from their mommies.

18 views and not a single response? Come on...

I was born and raised in Omaha, now live in Lincoln. Probably never missed a Nebraska game, even in infancy, but have never been a psycho fanatic, letting every win/loss/tie affect me and how I interact with others for the following week. I played football for most of my life, but unfortunately around here it's known as soccer. While I'm a Nebraska fan, I can't claim to have played in high school: all I've learned has come from watching the boobtube. Thanks beanman and to the others here who paid for not only my education, but others as well. Ciao Ciao Meow Meow.

OK here is my resume

I had a Madden tournament after yesterday's game and lit it up. After the game I came to realized that I should be the next O.C. at Nebraska. No one would stop us.

Different story for defense though.

Thanks for responding I think.

4 year DE/OL C-1, All-District. 4yr academic all American. Life long football fan, still follow any form of football, except Canadian/Midget-and of course what many other countries would call futbol. I think anyone who plays in HS can play at a NAIA college, it really depends on what works best for you.

As far as whoever this guy is, I think he needs to just leave this forum because this whole website is based around opinion.

I'm not an architect, but I can tell when a building is falling down or not built correctly.

You don't have to have a resume in football to know when it sucks. The offense sucks. End of story.

I realize that... I'm just curious. A few of the posters on here have gotten into quite a bit of detail surounding defense, blocking schemes, etc. So I was just wondering.

I suspect if everyone answered this question you would get the whole range....the highest level ranging from Pop Warner to NFL. Personally I played one year in HS, my 145lbs took a major beating every freaking practice, so I concentrated on other sports. At least it made me a tougher competitor in baseball.

It just doesn't matter when it comes to fans. I am thinking the genus of your question comes from all of the critical comments resulting from the ISU debacle. Fair enough but Nebraska fans are unique. I have lived all over the country and overseas and I can assure you no fans study the home team like Nebraska fans. No fans are so aware of the depth chart, the recruiting class, the defensive schemes, or the play selection like NU fans.

Nebraska football is coming back but slower than we all hoped it would. One important lesson Bo may have forgotten to teach his team, it seems, is what being a husker means. You can talk about honor, tradition, sportsmanship, etc, but in real terms it means everyone in the conference is gunning for the Huskers every game. Every other university is the huskers rival, especially in the North division and it is up to the coaches to ensure the team is prepared for that. It is also a coaching responsibility to make sure the team doesn't believe the hype.

4 year DE/OL C-1, All-District. 4yr academic all American. Life long football fan, still follow any form of football, except Canadian/Midget-and of course what many other countries would call futbol. I think anyone who plays in HS can play at a NAIA college, it really depends on what works best for you.

As far as whoever this guy is, I think he needs to just leave this forum because this whole website is based around opinion.

False, I'm not going to put my credential on here because that is just stupid, but playing at any level takes dedication... I think any person with the dedication to work hard could maybe make a team at the D-III level (no scholarships at this level).. There are alot of great atheltes that do play lower levels of college football.. don't discredit them

Took it alittle out of context.. understandable.. what i meant is that any player has talent and willing to work hard can make a team at D-III beings how they don't have scholarships and will take guys to fill out practice squads... but to actually play in games those guys are good athletes... i don't know if that clears it up but not every guy that plays high school ball can "play" at the collegiate level