After it's all said and done.....

mwj98

Yea, we lost to ISU. Sux, but we lost. Let's take a look at the positives shall we.....

Two years ago, we were saying the exact same thing about our defense. "If we could just stop......."

We have the defense playing at a higher level. Thank god!

I am not a fan of Shawn Watson. Just like one of the announcers said during the Missouri game. This offense looks like Colorado '03. Or something like that. I have to agree. I think the main problem with our offense is this. It requires precision at all levels to be effective. From O-line, qb, rb's and receivers. The margin for error is very small. I like to keep in simple. Run sets up the pass and by the 4th quarter, opposing defenses are finished. When an offensive lineman has to think too much, it's a recipe for disaster. Just line up and pound the football. We have those small town nebraska fullbacks just waiting to knock some linebacker out, but we haven't used them. I honestly think we have the players on offense to put up big numbers. I just think the system is not meant for the type of players we have. Heck, we may not have a game breaking type running back, but what is wrong with running back by committee?? Especially in November when it's cold. You can't be a pass happy team. Just ask the schools in the Big 10.

So, I am happy with team so far. Albeit, frustrated as hell, but satisfied. I know we should have beaten some teams and just have one loss on our record. But that is football. We can't expect perfection week end and week out. The 90's were special. But we had some bumps along the way also. I remember people calling for TO's head when we couldn't beat the Florida schools in the bowl games. I have faith in Bo and TO to do what's right for the program. I just have to trust their judgement. Maybe we get rid of Watson, I don't know. But Watson needs to understand we need to establish the run before we start with those damn bubble screens.

I know many of you were in meltdown mode. I was the worst of the bunch. But try and remain positive. The program needs us more now than ever. Heck, we win out, we win the North. ISU won't make it the rest of the way without a loss.

GBR!!!!