How to add meaning to the Big 12 Title Game

How about this for a possible solution to current and future division imbalance: floating divisions.

1. Add BYU, Utah, TCU, and Air Force to the conference. (if necessary, only for football and not other sports)

2. Create 4 roughly equal half-divisions:

north-NU, ISU, MU, CU

central-KU, OU, KS, OSU

south-UT, TT, aTm, BU

west-TCU, BYU, Utah, AF

3. Divisions are made of 2 half-divisions and swap every 2 years between

north (north and west) v. south (central and south)

southwest (south and west) v. classic (central and north)

4. 7 games are played within division and 1 game is played cross-division against a teams conference rival if the team has one or random team if not

OU v NU and KU v MU in north v south years

OU v UT in southwest v classic years

5. Teams with the highest in-division records go to championship. Winner in head to head for tie breaker. Only in the case of 3 way ties are cross-division games counted.

That just reminded me of the movie Baseketball when they are explaining the playoff schedule...

man you put a lot of thought into this!

i like it but dump TCU and Colorado.

one Colorado team is enough, and Texas already has too many.

i would recommend adding a new mexico, Wyoming, or one of the Dakota Schools. just on better representation standards.

only thing i would add is maybe adding a small play off between the division winners so that a good team doesn't get left out.

Yeah, I'm a security guard at night with a patrol in the middle of nowhere; I have time to over think everything.

While I would love to dump CU, both Colorado fans and Husker fans from western Nebraska consider it a rivalry. As for dumping TCU for the other schools you suggested, I picked schools with respectable football programs as that makes the winner of the Big 16 more prestigious.

A playoff system wouldn't be bad, but would probably require 18 teams divided into 3 divisions. The winner of each division and a wild card representing the best team that didn't win their division in a 4 team playoff.

It just gets overly complicated when you try to introduce the playoff system into the conference level rather than the BCS level.

How about this for a possible solution to current and future division imbalance: floating divisions.

1. Add BYU, Utah, TCU, and Air Force to the conference. (if necessary, only for football and not other sports)

2. Create 4 roughly equal half-divisions:

north-NU, ISU, MU, CU

central-KU, OU, KS, OSU

south-UT, TT, aTm, BU

west-TCU, BYU, Utah, AF

3. Divisions are made of 2 half-divisions and swap every 2 years between

north (north and west) v. south (central and south)

southwest (south and west) v. classic (central and north)

4. 7 games are played within division and 1 game is played cross-division against a teams conference rival if the team has one or random team if not

OU v NU and KU v MU in north v south years

OU v UT in southwest v classic years

5. Teams with the highest in-division records go to championship. Winner in head to head for tie breaker. Only in the case of 3 way ties are cross-division games counted.

That just reminded me of the movie Baseketball when they are explaining the playoff schedule...

:funnyhahah