out of state hskr fans

I don't know how many members live out of state, but I tell you I love wearing my husker stuff in FL, I get a lot of looks and many come up and ask about the team. Mostly everone I encounter are nice, however some have made comments as "Nebraska sucks" and "N stand for knowlege" Also good way to meet husker fans that come up to you and say hi. Alway love to meet a Nebraskan. :) Any stories or experinces from members living out of state?????

I have 4 brothers and two sisters. We are all transplanted Nebraskans. We all live in Oklahoma now accept one of my bros.He lives in Omaha. We ALL wear are Husker gear just about every day. The funniest thing lately that someone did .I have a Husker lisence plate on the front of my wifes van , and a Husker draw tight cover on the back. My wife works at a hospital. She got off work the other morning,walked to our car. There was a lady in a spot a spot accross from her.She got out of her car. She said to my wife,"Why dont you just take that THING of of your car"?Speaking of the front plate.My wife said that she would call my cell phone and gladly let the lady speak to me about it. 7 in the morning Im getting into a debate about my sweet plate with a lady Ive never met. No problem. I LOVE to explain to all these sooner fans that (sooner) rather than later we will be kicking there butt again. Giving OU fans crap is my lifes joy. :thumbs

:yeah I work in a Rehab facility in Rockledge FLorida. I work with mostly the elderly as a Rec. Therapist and I love to whistle the Husker song to them during an activity I m doing with them. One lady said that was the a nice tune and she started to hum the tune and now is a husker fan. She never really liked sports until I started telling her about Husker football and and now she always asks me when the game is going to start. I asked her if she would like a husker hat and she said yes. So when on Sept 3rd she is going to get a great gift from me. :)

I went to california on a vacation about 2 weeks ago. I was wearing my husker shirt and we were walking up to the car from the beach and a guy who had a nebraska hat came up to me and said nice shirt and i said nice hat and we had a nice quick convo. Nebraska fans are like family in a weird way

I, too, live in central Florida. Love meeting Husker fans, always very nice and up to talk about the team. I'll just be hanging out with some of my buddies wearing my Nebraska hat and someone will come up and we'll start talking about the Huskers. It's great to know that Husker Nation makes it this far, I get excited seeing Husker bumper stickers and hitch covers down here.

Husker in Kansas, represent! Living in kansas, and being a Husker fan sucks...just because of the ksu fans, they are terrible. N standing for knowledge is about the best joke people around here can think of, which is about stupid. I can recruit a few friends down here into being for the Big Red, but not enough to make it feel like Nebraska.

Living in Chicago is horrible for a husker fan. Im in the smack dab middle of big ten country and most of these ignorant morons go on and on about how good the big ten is. Im always having to tell them that they are rated as about the fourth or fifth best conference and put them in their place.

Michigan, OSU, and Iowa are the only decent teams in the Big Ten.

Big 12...let's see here...

Nebraska, OU, OSU, Texas, Texas Tech, aTm, Colorado, Mizzou, ISU

Yea, I think we win.

Living out here in California is great for NU fans. There are so many transplanted Huskers out here that when NU plays out here or within 500 miles its almost like being in Lincoln. The last NU Rose Bowl there were so many cars on the freeway with Husker emblems it was unreal.

When I am taking care of patients and am talking with them I can pick out the midwesterners from their attitudes and mannerisms. But to be honest many of the nice patients arent just from NE but all over the midwest. Must be the cleaner air or something :)

:horns2

GBR