Let us pray!

Sorry, but this is the correct line. I don't know when it was incorrectly changed to "equal our stride".... nor do I know what it means to equal one's stride. But that's incorrect. I conveniently linked the original poem from which the Husker chant is based. Have a look.

Who cares. "A chance to equal our stride" is the line the players use in their prayer. That is what we do on Huskerboard.

Sorry, but this is the correct line. I don't know when it was incorrectly changed to "equal our stride".... nor do I know what it means to equal one's stride. But that's incorrect. I conveniently linked the original poem from which the Husker chant is based. Have a look.

Who cares. "A chance to equal our stride" is the line the players use in their prayer. That is what we do on Huskerboard.

Dozens of players have read it over the years... many have used different and incorrect lyrics. Which incorrect reading would you like to use? I prefer to use the correct lines that make sense and give the verse actual meaning. At some point, the players said "strife" (like Cory Ross here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mBBQpC7X7o) but like a game of telephone, some lines have been passed on wrongly over the years.

Here is a blog post that says the prayer was popularized by Grant Wistrom and the '97 team. It gives the lyrics as he supposedly said them.