Strength of Schedule

Zaimejs

I don't know, we are terrible, by the end of the year Kansas was even worse then us, ISU still isn't very good, KSU isn't going to a Bowl Game and thier game against you was for the division and Mizzou should have lost to Kansas had Mangino not screwed the pooch. So my assessment is that the division is pretty bad. Four out of the 6 teams from the South would have either won or pushed to win the North division.

That's true in every year for the last 4 or so. It hardly helps your claim that this is the worst year.

I just checked Texas' schedule and they've basically played no one of merit. We beat OU by a larger margin than they did. OU exposed Oklahoma State for the fluke that they are. The only one they can point to is Texas Tech, and yes, we sucked it up that game, but I think we're a much better team now than we were then.

I think we'll be fine on Saturday. Just can't play scared.

Expose McCoy! :koolaid2:

Yeah at least Nebraska got beat by that powerhouse Iowa State. Wish we didn't have to play them all the time...

I don't know, we are terrible, by the end of the year Kansas was even worse then us, ISU still isn't very good, KSU isn't going to a Bowl Game and thier game against you was for the division and Mizzou should have lost to Kansas had Mangino not screwed the pooch. So my assessment is that the division is pretty bad. Four out of the 6 teams from the South would have either won or pushed to win the North division.

That's true in every year for the last 4 or so. It hardly helps your claim that this is the worst year.

Maybe its the worst maybe it isn't but even Mack Brown danced around the assertion today that the North is bad, make no mistake I am not taking away from your title because even the south probably isn't as good as it was last year and Texas still has the chance at a national title.

I couldnt help but dig up some numbers. Take em how you want, I know what the results say.

These are based on 06,07,08 and 09 Regular seasons. No championship games included. it is a full cycle of schedules, every north team has played every south team both home and away.

there are a total of 24 seasons, 72 North vs south matchups, and 192 games per division

Now these are not biased to any individual team but to the divisions as whole, but followin will some individual team facts

The North teams have a combined conference record of 81-111 for a 42% win pct,

The South is 109-83 for 56%

North teams are 23-49 against the south for 31%

North teams have gone 3-0 agains the south part of their schedule just 2 times in the 24 seasons (Colorado in 07 and Kansas in 07)

North teams have gone 0-3 agains the south 9 times (6 of which by Kansas and Iowa St. 3 each)

2006- North was 5-14 against South

2007- 10-8

2008- 3-15

2009- 5-13

North teams have only 6 winning records against south teams in 24 seasons (Nebraska in 09, Missouri in 07, Kansas in 07, Kansas St. 06, 07, and Colorado in 07).

South teams have gone 3-0 against North teams 9 times in 24 seasons (2 times each by Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma St.) ***Baylor went 3-0 against the North in 06***

South teams went 0-3 just once (Baylor in 07)

North Has 17 winning seasons against North teams

No North team has a winning record against south teams in these 4 years, Kansas St. is 6-6 and Colorado is 5-7, Neb. and Miss. are each 4-8

Baylor has the worst record in the south against the north at 5-7, which is tied or better than 4 of the 6 north teams.

Oklahoma and texas and Oklahoma st are a combined 30-6 against the north. the 3 best North records are a combined 15-23.

LAST FACT, SOUTH HAS WON ALL 4 CCG'S

Now, i didnt feel like looking into the detail of figgerein out how many of the north wins came against Baylor and texas A&M, but Colorado did beat Oklahoma in 07, and Kansas St. is the only team to beat Texas from the North.

I couldnt help but dig up some numbers. Take em how you want, I know what the results say.

These are based on 06,07,08 and 09 Regular seasons. No championship games included. it is a full cycle of schedules, every north team has played every south team both home and away.

there are a total of 24 seasons, 72 North vs south matchups, and 192 games per division

Now these are not biased to any individual team but to the divisions as whole, but followin will some individual team facts

The North teams have a combined conference record of 81-111 for a 42% win pct,

The South is 109-83 for 56%

North teams are 23-49 against the south for 31%

North teams have gone 3-0 agains the south part of their schedule just 2 times in the 24 seasons (Colorado in 07 and Kansas in 07)

North teams have gone 0-3 agains the south 9 times (6 of which by Kansas and Iowa St. 3 each)

2006- North was 5-14 against South

2007- 10-8

2008- 3-15

2009- 5-13

North teams have only 6 winning records against south teams in 24 seasons (Nebraska in 09, Missouri in 07, Kansas in 07, Kansas St. 06, 07, and Colorado in 07).

South teams have gone 3-0 against North teams 9 times in 24 seasons (2 times each by Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma St.) ***Baylor went 3-0 against the North in 06***

South teams went 0-3 just once (Baylor in 07)

North Has 17 winning seasons against North teams

No North team has a winning record against south teams in these 4 years, Kansas St. is 6-6 and Colorado is 5-7, Neb. and Miss. are each 4-8

Baylor has the worst record in the south against the north at 5-7, which is tied or better than 4 of the 6 north teams.

Oklahoma and texas and Oklahoma st are a combined 30-6 against the north. the 3 best North records are a combined 15-23.

LAST FACT, SOUTH HAS WON ALL 4 CCG'S

Now, i didnt feel like looking into the detail of figgerein out how many of the north wins came against Baylor and texas A&M, but Colorado did beat Oklahoma in 07, and Kansas St. is the only team to beat Texas from the North.

Its amazing to see fro once Mizzou finally pulled out a win against a team that went 0-7 to finish out the season, nice of you to come back.

And dont be upset that we had an amazing 4th quarter comeback, sorry our punch to mizzou fans guts was stronger than those weatherspoon tries to give out during the game

I have been here the whole time brother. :) I am so glad you and others have selective sight. :rolleyes:

"stronger than those weatherspoon tries to give out during the game"

But not as strong as Assante's cheap shots :rollin

The worst year for the North would be in 2005 when no team had a better than .500 win percentage in conference. Nebraska beat Colorado by 27 and then Colorado lost in the CG by 67. It was just terrible. At least this year has Nebraska playing some best defense in the country, Mizzou playing really great on offense, and an up year for Iowa State where they were better then they were since 04 or something.

Of course since the Husker offense has been so putrid in Big 12 play and Mizzou lost to Baylor that was without Robert Griffin things can be shown worse than they actually are.

Who do you think you are talking sense and actually citing statistics?! NU won the north this year solely on the back of it's defense . . . so it must be the worst year ever . . . right??? <_<

Not sure why you keep using your victim card because I don't think anyone was knocking Nebraska for winning the north but the north as a division does suck and my team especially is an anchor right now. Even the conference as a whole is way down this year, usually we are competitive with the SEC but right now I would put several other conferences ahead of the Big 12 in overall quality, that doesn't diminish Texas's opportunity to play for the BCS it just means what I said the conference as whole this year is weak.

Sorry. It wasn't supposed to sound like a victim card. Sometimes my sarcasm is irrepressible. Did you happen to find a sportswriter who said the North was great in any recent year or a post of mine that said the North was good this year? Or are you just dodging the question?

To be honest I am not sure what the argument is then, if you say the north has been crappy for 4-5 years and if I agree with that assessment with the exception of 2 years ago(KUvsMizzou), then why am I trying to find someone to say that it was good?

to paraphrase: "Boo Hoo Hoo. We lost. Boo hoo hoo"

Don't Mizery and the Buttholeoes have websites? God you two are pathetic.

Its amazing to see fro once Mizzou finally pulled out a win against a team that went 0-7 to finish out the season, nice of you to come back.

And dont be upset that we had an amazing 4th quarter comeback, sorry our punch to mizzou fans guts was stronger than those weatherspoon tries to give out during the game

I have been here the whole time brother. :) I am so glad you and others have selective sight. :rolleyes:

"stronger than those weatherspoon tries to give out during the game"

But not as strong as Assante's cheap shots :rollin

The worst year for the North would be in 2005 when no team had a better than .500 win percentage in conference. Nebraska beat Colorado by 27 and then Colorado lost in the CG by 67. It was just terrible. At least this year has Nebraska playing some best defense in the country, Mizzou playing really great on offense, and an up year for Iowa State where they were better then they were since 04 or something.

Of course since the Husker offense has been so putrid in Big 12 play and Mizzou lost to Baylor that was without Robert Griffin things can be shown worse than they actually are.

Who do you think you are talking sense and actually citing statistics?! NU won the north this year solely on the back of it's defense . . . so it must be the worst year ever . . . right??? <_<

Not sure why you keep using your victim card because I don't think anyone was knocking Nebraska for winning the north but the north as a division does suck and my team especially is an anchor right now. Even the conference as a whole is way down this year, usually we are competitive with the SEC but right now I would put several other conferences ahead of the Big 12 in overall quality, that doesn't diminish Texas's opportunity to play for the BCS it just means what I said the conference as whole this year is weak.

Sorry. It wasn't supposed to sound like a victim card. Sometimes my sarcasm is irrepressible. Did you happen to find a sportswriter who said the North was great in any recent year or a post of mine that said the North was good this year? Or are you just dodging the question?

To be honest I am not sure what the argument is then, if you say the north has been crappy for 4-5 years and if I agree with that assessment with the exception of 2 years ago(KUvsMizzou), then why am I trying to find someone to say that it was good?

to paraphrase: "Boo Hoo Hoo. We lost. Boo hoo hoo"

Don't Mizery and the Buttholeoes have websites? God you two are pathetic.

My bad, the Big 12 North is great, every team should be in the Top 10, it is a travesty of justice that there had to be a last placed team, better?