Strength of Schedule

Zaimejs

Well on a sidenote, our schedule next year is absoleutly putrid, ugly, pathetic, call it what you may. But we might as well schedule high school teams for non confrence opponents. Washington is the highest caliber team next year. in the non con at least. And dont give me the "they beat USC" load of crap. USC was not good this year and Washington is still not a good team.

Its amazing to see fro once Mizzou finally pulled out a win against a team that went 0-7 to finish out the season, nice of you to come back.

And dont be upset that we had an amazing 4th quarter comeback, sorry our punch to mizzou fans guts was stronger than those weatherspoon tries to give out during the game

I have been here the whole time brother. :) I am so glad you and others have selective sight. :rolleyes:

"stronger than those weatherspoon tries to give out during the game"

But not as strong as Assante's cheap shots :rollin

I think the Oklahoma win was an important win because no one was picking Nebraska and they were struggling at that point, the North was horrible this year, probably the worst it has ever been, one team rose up and won it, kudos to them.

Funny how Nebraska wins the North again and CU and MU fans immediately assume the North is the worst it ever has been. Interesting stuff.

Don't group us in there. I have yet to hear that from a MU fan. And besides, that line was trademarked by Nebraska fans the last two years. I can find about 500 quotes of "MU only won the last two North titles because the north sucks" comments :facepalm:

I think the Oklahoma win was an important win because no one was picking Nebraska and they were struggling at that point, the North was horrible this year, probably the worst it has ever been, one team rose up and won it, kudos to them.

Funny how Nebraska wins the North again and CU and MU fans immediately assume the North is the worst it ever has been. Interesting stuff.

Don't group us in there. I have yet to hear that from a MU fan. And besides, that line was trademarked by Nebraska fans the last two years. I can find about 500 quotes of "MU only won the last two North titles because the north sucks" comments :facepalm:

You must never venture over to Tigerboard. I cruise through at least once a day . . . I think I am just a glutton for punishment. It's said quite frequently there. I can probably provide links if you'd like.

Its amazing to see fro once Mizzou finally pulled out a win against a team that went 0-7 to finish out the season, nice of you to come back.

And dont be upset that we had an amazing 4th quarter comeback, sorry our punch to mizzou fans guts was stronger than those weatherspoon tries to give out during the game

I have been here the whole time brother. :) I am so glad you and others have selective sight. :rolleyes:

"stronger than those weatherspoon tries to give out during the game"

But not as strong as Assante's cheap shots :rollin

Yep . . . I know you've never left Fro. I, for one, am glad to have you around.

The worst year for the North would be in 2005 when no team had a better than .500 win percentage in conference. Nebraska beat Colorado by 27 and then Colorado lost in the CG by 67. It was just terrible. At least this year has Nebraska playing some best defense in the country, Mizzou playing really great on offense, and an up year for Iowa State where they were better then they were since 04 or something.

Of course since the Husker offense has been so putrid in Big 12 play and Mizzou lost to Baylor that was without Robert Griffin things can be shown worse than they actually are.

The worst year for the North would be in 2005 when no team had a better than .500 win percentage in conference. Nebraska beat Colorado by 27 and then Colorado lost in the CG by 67. It was just terrible. At least this year has Nebraska playing some best defense in the country, Mizzou playing really great on offense, and an up year for Iowa State where they were better then they were since 04 or something.

Of course since the Husker offense has been so putrid in Big 12 play and Mizzou lost to Baylor that was without Robert Griffin things can be shown worse than they actually are.

Who do you think you are talking sense and actually citing statistics?! NU won the north this year solely on the back of the defense . . . so it must be the worst year ever . . . right??? <_<

Who do you think you are talking sense and actually citing statistics?! NU won the north this year solely on the back of it's defense . . . so it must be the worst year ever . . . right??? <_<

Not sure why you keep using your victim card because I don't think anyone was knocking Nebraska for winning the north but the north as a division does suck and my team especially is an anchor right now. Even the conference as a whole is way down this year, usually we are competitive with the SEC but right now I would put several other conferences ahead of the Big 12 in overall quality, that doesn't diminish Texas's opportunity to play for the BCS it just means what I said the conference as whole this year is weak.

Who do you think you are talking sense and actually citing statistics?! NU won the north this year solely on the back of it's defense . . . so it must be the worst year ever . . . right??? <_<

Not sure why you keep using your victim card because I don't think anyone was knocking Nebraska for winning the north but the north as a division does suck and my team especially is an anchor right now. Even the conference as a whole is way down this year, usually we are competitive with the SEC but right now I would put several other conferences ahead of the Big 12 in overall quality, that doesn't diminish Texas's opportunity to play for the BCS it just means what I said the conference as whole this year is weak.

Sorry. It wasn't supposed to sound like a victim card. Sometimes my sarcasm is irrepressible. Did you happen to find a sportswriter who said the North was great in any recent year or a post of mine that said the North was good this year? Or are you just dodging the question?

Sorry. It wasn't supposed to sound like a victim card. Sometimes my sarcasm is irrepressible. Did you happen to find a sportswriter who said the North was great in any recent year or a post of mine that said the North was good this year? Or are you just dodging the question?

To be honest I am not sure what the argument is then, if you say the north has been crappy for 4-5 years and if I agree with that assessment with the exception of 2 years ago(KUvsMizzou), then why am I trying to find someone to say that it was good?

To be honest I am not sure what the argument is then, if you say the north has been crappy for 4-5 years and if I agree with that assessment with the exception of 2 years ago(KUvsMizzou), then why am I trying to find someone to say that it was good?

You said this: "the North was horrible this year, probably the worst it has ever been, one team rose up and won it, kudos to them."

That would imply that you think the North was down this year, correct? For it to be down, it must have been better in the recent past. (I'm saying that it is at roughly the same level this year as it has been recently.)

Therefore, for your statement that the North is down this year to be proven true, you'd have to provide context showing that it was better in the recent past.

Maybe I'm just confused. Are you still saying the North is "probably the worst it has ever been" or are you backing off that statement?

You said this: "the North was horrible this year, probably the worst it has ever been, one team rose up and won it, kudos to them."

That would imply that you think the North was down this year, correct? For it to be down, it must have been better in the recent past. (I'm saying that it is at roughly the same level this year as it has been recently.)

Therefore, for your statement that the North is down this year to be proven true, you'd have to provide context showing that it was better in the recent past.

Maybe I'm just confused. Are you still saying the North is "probably the worst it has ever been" or are you backing off that statement?

Yes, it still sucks, although I am sure I could be jaded because we especially suck.......

but I guess what we are debating is the varying levell of shittiness for the division this year, correct?

Yes, it still sucks, although I am sure I could be jaded because we especially suck.......

but I guess what we are debating is the varying levell of shittiness for the division this year, correct?

I don't think I'd go that far. Compared to the best team in the South . . . sure . . . the North is behind. Compared to the other conferences I'd bet we do just fine. I guess we'll find out come bowl season.

You must never venture over to Tigerboard. I cruise through at least once a day . . . I think I am just a glutton for punishment. It's said quite frequently there. I can probably provide links if you'd like.

Why would you punish yourself like that.... :)

I don't know, we are terrible, by the end of the year Kansas was even worse then us, ISU still isn't very good, KSU isn't going to a Bowl Game and thier game against you was for the division and Mizzou should have lost to Kansas had Mangino not screwed the pooch. So my assessment is that the division is pretty bad. Four out of the 6 teams from the South would have either won or pushed to win the North division.