Asante's thuggery cost us the game and a BCS bid

Suh has had a couple of personal fouls... but none were as cheap as Asante's. But Asante, as far as I can remember, has had more combined penalties than Suh and DB facemask penalties. And agree that Dennard was not playing as capable as he has shown in the past, but he could of been getting burned too.

And a horse collar is a justified penalty that can lead to serious neck injuries. It's not legal for a reason!!

Also, Dennard was really beat today. Is he hurting?

It was a mismatch that i have seen all day, but they didn't exploit it until late, and thank god the receiver dropped it.

Yeah to me it looked like he was getting burned over and over. Texas' offense didn't figure it out for awhile, but they did exploit it when they figured it out. Most of the passes were thrown to receivers covered by Prince and he had it locked up!!!!

Suh has had a couple of personal fouls... but none were as cheap as Asante's. But Asante, as far as I can remember, has had more combined penalties than Suh and DB facemask penalties. And agree that Dennard was not playing as capable as he has shown in the past, but he could of been getting burned too.

And a horse collar is a justified penalty that can lead to serious neck injuries. It's not legal for a reason!!

Neck injuries? How about broken legs?

Suh's hurt us too with his personal fouls.

On our DBs faceguarding: are they being taught to do that?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think faceguarding is legal in college. So if it works, why not do it? I think next year officials need to make pass interference a point of emphasis. If a guy doesn't turn around to look for the ball, but doesn't touch the guy, it shouldn't be pass interference. I think our PI calls were justifiable tonight except for one that appeared uncatchable. They need to be able to decide what's "uncatchable." I've been doing some of this dedhoarse all night though.

Neck injuries? How about broken legs?

Yeah, it does cause leg injuries due to one or both legs getting trapped during a tackle. But it also leads to neck and back injuries when a player is jerked quickly to the ground by the collar. Regardless, it causes injuries and is a valid penalty!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think faceguarding is legal in college. So if it works, why not do it? I think next year officials need to make pass interference a point of emphasis. If a guy doesn't turn around to look for the ball, but doesn't touch the guy, it shouldn't be pass interference. I think our PI calls were justifiable tonight except for one that appeared uncatchable. They need to be able to decide what's "uncatchable." I've been doing some of this dedhoarse all night though.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/College-Footbal...ce-guarding.htm

You're right!

Man am I now confused. :dunno

http://en.allexperts.com/q/College-Footbal...ce-guarding.htm

You're right!

Man am I now confused. :dunno

:ahhhhhhhh

Too many rules I have read. Hurts my head it does. My rule reading tonight has snowballed uncontrollably.