Was NU robbed? Let's think back...

FLU

And for those of you who don't remember, we faced a similar scenario in the 94 Orange Bowl against FSU. At the beginning of the season, FSU's squad was being touted as the best team ever, and despite a loss during the regular season, they were still being hyped and many believed that Nebraska stood no chance against them. But led by a stout defensive performance and great play from Tommie Frazier, the Huskers hung tough. A weak call at the end of the game allowed the Seminoles to take a 2-point lead. But alas, they left some time on the clock (21 seconds), and they also underestimated the brilliance of Frazier, who miraculously led NU down the field in just a few plays. On what appeared to be the last play, Frazier led NU into field goal range with 1 second left... however, the clock had expired and Bowden and his team rushed the field in celebration. BUT-- the referees reviewed the play and determined that 1 second was still left on the clock. Nebraska, trailing by 2, just like Texas last night, was given the chance to kick a game-winning FG... but Byron Bennett hooked it left, and Bowden & Co. won their first national championship.

And for those of you who don't remember, we faced a similar scenario in the 94 Orange Bowl against FSU. At the beginning of the season, FSU's squad was being touted as the best team ever, and despite a loss during the regular season, they were still being hyped and many believed that Nebraska stood no chance against them. But led by a stout defensive performance and great play from Tommie Frazier, the Huskers hung tough. A weak call at the end of the game allowed the Seminoles to take a 2-point lead. But alas, they left some time on the clock (21 seconds), and they also underestimated the brilliance of Frazier, who miraculously led NU down the field in just a few plays. On what appeared to be the last play, Frazier led NU into field goal range and with 1 second left... however, the clock had expired and Bowden and his team rushed the field in celebration. BUT-- the referees reviewed the play and determined that 1 second was still left on the clock. Nebraska, trailing by 2, just like Texas last night, was given the chance to kick a game-winning FG... but Byron Bennett hooked it left, and Bowden & Co. won their first national championship.

Yes we were robbed. Because we had a punt return for a touchdown that was called back for a phantom block in the back penalty. I was 13 at the time, but watched that play over and over and never found one. And there was a weak call at the end of the game to put them in field goal range, a ticky-tack late hit penalty. Which I also felt was BS. And there was more than one second left in that game when Trumane Bell hit the turf.

And for those of you who don't remember, we faced a similar scenario in the 94 Orange Bowl against FSU. At the beginning of the season, FSU's squad was being touted as the best team ever, and despite a loss during the regular season, they were still being hyped and many believed that Nebraska stood no chance against them. But led by a stout defensive performance and great play from Tommie Frazier, the Huskers hung tough. A weak call at the end of the game allowed the Seminoles to take a 2-point lead. But alas, they left some time on the clock (21 seconds), and they also underestimated the brilliance of Frazier, who miraculously led NU down the field in just a few plays. On what appeared to be the last play, Frazier led NU into field goal range and with 1 second left... however, the clock had expired and Bowden and his team rushed the field in celebration. BUT-- the referees reviewed the play and determined that 1 second was still left on the clock. Nebraska, trailing by 2, just like Texas last night, was given the chance to kick a game-winning FG... but Byron Bennett hooked it left, and Bowden & Co. won their first national championship.

Yes we were robbed. Because we had a punt return for a touchdown that was called back for a phantom block in the back penalty. I was 13 at the time, but watched that play over and over and never found one. And there was a weak call at the end of the game to put them in field goal range, a ticky-tack late hit penalty. Which I also felt was BS. And there was more than one second left in that game when Trumane Bell hit the turf.

Regardless, NU was STILL given a chance to win the game at the end, just as Texas was last night. Bennett missed the kick. If he'd made it, the Huskers would have been back-to-back-to-back national champions.

And dont forget the touchdown that was like a yard short of the goal line immortalized in the picture "The Final Blow"

Not so fast my friend! Yes he fumbled it short of the goal line, but Floyd was in on the previous play and the dumb officials blew it dead for some frickin' reason, so I give that one to FSU. The true screw job came on the punt return.

THE SCENARIOS WERE NOT THE SAME. In 94 the ref blew the play dead with time still on the clock, the timekeeper was just slow hitting the button. Last night the clock just ran out without the ref calling the play dead and the ref decided he wanted to stretch the**** out of a rule interpretation to give Texas every benefit of the doubt

Regardless, NU was STILL given a chance to win the game at the end, just as Texas was last night. Bennett missed the kick. If he'd made it, the Huskers would have been back-to-back-to-back national champions.

If they would have won then, they may not have been pissed off enough to exact revenge on the college football world the following year. You never know, but i suspect some of those offseason workouts and weightlifting sessions probably had a little more juice than normal. In '95 we really would have had to lay an egg to get beat by anyone though, they were just flat out dominant. Not quite the case in '94, although they were very good.

looks like about the 2 to me

Can't admit it when you're wrong? Weak buddy. He got the ball jarred loose in the air right at the goal line, if you can't see that or remember the replay they showed running right down the goal line then I don't know what else to do for you.