A new and mind blowing concept

I have been reading over the past few days that teams are actually asking fans to buy tickets to bowl games...even if they do not intend to use them. The premise is that it will appear that the school sells a lot of tickets...even though the stadium may appear somewhat empty. Has anyone else heard of this? I know that Iowa state is one of the teams and that Missouri is one as well (but I don't think Missouri Big Wigs asked the fans to do it).

I can see ISU asking it's fans to do that. Since the only reason ISU got the insight bowl over Mizzou is because they took 20,000 people there the last time they played in it. But from all reports ISU is having trouble selling tickets to the bowl game and Insight officials may have out thought themselves on this one....

I have been reading over the past few days that teams are actually asking fans to buy tickets to bowl games...even if they do not intend to use them. The premise is that it will appear that the school sells a lot of tickets...even though the stadium may appear somewhat empty. Has anyone else heard of this? I know that Iowa state is one of the teams and that Missouri is one as well (but I don't think Missouri Big Wigs asked the fans to do it).

Where are you hearing this? I've never heard anything like that.

Where are you hearing this? I've never heard anything like that.

Missouri fans seemed a little pissed at being picked for a lesser bowl..so they found some random emails that IOWA State had been sending to alum and donors...9to poke fun at)

basically saying that if you do intend to go to the game...great...but five tickets and give em to folks or just buy em to show that we can sell tickets.

and others on tigerboard are boasting about how they are buyin tickets and giving them out ...