NFL Preseason Wk1- Correcting HP

I already made one NFL Huskers post today. which should be my limit but i hadn't seen this article from HuskerPedia yet.

i realize i'm probably more of an NFL Husker nut than most people but innacuracy on the subject is still a pet peeve. (mostly thanks to the Big XII managing to short change Nebraska on NFL participants lists each year)

I'm compulsive so i can't resist a nitpicking rundown:

"GREEN BAY: Green Bay has Pro Bowl RB Ahman Green and DB Erwin Swiney."

Swiney is no longer with the Packers.

"Keyuo Craver is also on the Saints roster, but he’s kinda had some, uh, trouble with controlled substances."

unfortunatly most of that is true... except for the "on the Saints roster" part <_< they chose not to resign him and who can blame them! he's currently with the Edmonton Eskimos.

"NEW YORK: DE Trevor Johnson and RB Josh Davis." (Jets)

Davis was cut by the Jets but for some reason it wasn't even reported on many transaction wires.

"ATLANTA: Williams and Johnson again."

Eric Johnson was recently signed by the Cardinals.

"Friday, August 26, Pittsburgh at Washington (FOX)

A no-Huskers-on-either-team shutout."

hey, where's the love for Dahrran Diedrick?! he's with the 'skins.

"Chargers have DL Ryan Bingham, DB Jerrell Pippens, LB Carlos Polk (who’s recovering from an injury), and OL Toniu Fonoti"

I believe Polk was already placed on IR (again) for the season. bad luck would be an understatement for the poor guy.

and anyone who saw Monday night's preseason game may remember Pippens INT that sealed the victory- for the Chicago Bears.

"San Diego starts the preseason with more Huskers than anyone"

minus Pippens they have 3, as do the Raiders and Rams.

NEW YORK: DE Trevor Johnson and RB Josh Davis." (Jets)

Davis was cut by the Jets but for some reason it wasn't even reported on many transaction wires.

I just got a Lindy's Football Preview and Davis is listed on the pre-camp roster for the Jets saying he was held out of last year due to injury, but the Jets kept him anyways. Where did you get your info?

I follow the Jets almost as religiously as the Huskers, and I can say with certainty that Josh Davis is no longer with the team. Which is kinda surprising considering how high on him they were as a KR before he got injured last year.

I already made one NFL Huskers post today. which should be my limit but i hadn't seen this article from HuskerPedia yet.

i realize i'm probably more of an NFL Husker nut than most people but innacuracy on the subject is still a pet peeve. (mostly thanks to the Big XII managing to short change Nebraska on NFL participants lists each year)

I'm compulsive so i can't resist a nitpicking rundown:

"GREEN BAY: Green Bay has Pro Bowl RB Ahman Green and DB Erwin Swiney."

Swiney is no longer with the Packers.

"Keyuo Craver is also on the Saints roster, but he’s kinda had some, uh, trouble with controlled substances."

unfortunatly most of that is true... except for the "on the Saints roster" part <_< they chose not to resign him and who can blame them! he's currently with the Edmonton Eskimos.

"NEW YORK: DE Trevor Johnson and RB Josh Davis." (Jets)

"ATLANTA: Williams and Johnson again."

Eric Johnson was recently signed by the Cardinals.

"Friday, August 26, Pittsburgh at Washington (FOX)

A no-Huskers-on-either-team shutout."

hey, where's the love for Dahrran Diedrick?! he's with the 'skins.

"Chargers have DL Ryan Bingham, DB Jerrell Pippens, LB Carlos Polk (who’s recovering from an injury), and OL Toniu Fonoti"

I believe Polk was already placed on IR (again) for the season. bad luck would be an understatement for the poor guy.

and anyone who saw Monday night's preseason game may remember Pippens INT that sealed the victory- for the Chicago Bears.

"San Diego starts the preseason with more Huskers than anyone"

minus Pippens they have 3, as do the Raiders and Rams.

One of the many reasons that board sucks. Worst board going. Thanks for correcting that. Good information

That has to be one of the few boards where people say things that are blatanly wrong, and no one calls them out on it. I will be the first to admit that I have had my facts scrambled from time to time, as has everyone on this board, but there has always been a member to correct me, and I have always admitted to my mistake. Thank god for huskerboard.

That has to be one of the few boards where people say things that are blatanly wrong, and no one calls them out on it. I will be the first to admit that I have had my facts scrambled from time to time, as has everyone on this board, but there has always been a member to correct me, and I have always admitted to my mistake. Thank god for huskerboard.

For real. I think its probably b/c you have to PAY to POST, and all the people that dont have their heads up each others AZZEZ dont have a membership. Perhaps? :blink:

I have the Lindys NFL mag too, that's the only NFL mag i get every year b/c they have a comment on EVERY player- even some of the free agents. As far as I know Davis was still with the team when that mag was published so that's why he is listed in there. Like i said the transaction was hardly reported by anyone. In fact the only place I saw it was on Scout.com believe it or not.

as for Vanden Bosch, he is with the Titans and so far they seem to be quite happy with him.

I don't have comments on every game as Jeff did but here is at least a list of this weeks games w/ Huskers:

Schedule

sorry for the lack of exact dates/times but just look at local listings to see if any of these games are shown in your area, etc, etc. NFL Network is showing quite a few preseason games if you have DirectTV.

As of yesterday I was still fixing #s and names on there but it should be correct now. also Incognito is listed with the Rams but he certainly won't be playing b/c he hasn't signed yet and he's injured anyway.