Another Holiday Bowl Record

JTrain

I'm sure everyone knows about the defensive records that were set: Fewest Points Allowed (0), Fewest Yards Allowed (109), Fewest First Downs Allowed (6) and Fewest Plays Allowed (51). But Alex Henery also broke the Holiday Bowl record for Field Goals Made (4).

Also, I don't have any way of checking this, but I think Alex Henery might be the first kicker in NCAA football history to break (outright) the FGM records in two bowl games with at least 20 year histories. Last season, he broke a 63-year-old Gator Bowl record with 4 FGM, and this year he broke a 31-year-old Holiday Bowl record with 4 FGM.

Hopefully in the future the kicker won't have to come out other then for PAT. Why the offense improved that shows that there is alot more room for improvement.

Leaving 16 points on the field should be unacceptable but knowing that you have great player like Alex as the second option makes for a relaxing time waiting for the fg try.

Congrats Alex :)

I'm a little stunned that 4 field goals made breaks the records. 4 doesn't seem like a very extraordinary number, to be honest.

Four is extremely rare. For example, last year's bowl games featured 68 teams. Only about 5 or 6 kickers even attempted four field goals. Out of those, Henery was the only one to make all of them. Only a small handful of guys even made three.

The crazy part is, we punted from the 34 or so last night, instead of giving Henery a chance at a 51-yarder that would have made it five on the night (would've tied the all-time bowl record set by Kyle Bryant of TAMU in the 95 Alamo Bowl). Maybe it was the rain that made Bo's decision.

I'm a little stunned that 4 field goals made breaks the records. 4 doesn't seem like a very extraordinary number, to be honest.

Four is extremely rare. For example, last year's bowl games featured 68 teams. Only about 5 or 6 kickers even attempted four field goals. Out of those, Henery was the only one to make all of them. Only a small handful of guys even made three.

The crazy part is, we punted from the 34 or so last night, instead of giving Henery a chance at a 51-yarder that would have made it five on the night (would've tied the all-time bowl record set by Kyle Bryant of TAMU in the 95 Alamo Bowl). Maybe it was the rain that made Bo's decision.

It was him taking it easy on his friend. :espnsucks::espnsucks::espnsucks: