Gill will stay

Redout

Does this really matter?? You have to wonder abou the reason why?? Good recruiter? What does this say about Brown. Was he really bad at his job or just couldn't seem to get the best guys to NU?

"Callahan has started to put together his staff, and called in Wisconsin Defensive Coordinator Kevin Cosgrove for an interview on Monday."

Monday???? Let's get things moving Callahan. This guy is about 48 and has known Callahan since his days in college, I think they roomed together.

redout

I think it DOES matter. It matters for the sake of tradition. It matters because he has a TON of institutional knowledge, and I think SP & BC realize he is their SOLE lineage to Husker heyday. And that is actually more important than it seems.

Although Im afraid to say that it may be for the name "Turner Gill" more than anything else, and BC may have felt WR was just a "safe" place to stuff him. B/c seriously, if he truly valued his skills, he would have retained his spot. And dont say well he just doesnt have the background to coach QBs in the WCO, b/c he doesnt have the bg to coach WRs either. I realize its a less complicated position, but still, all signs point to "the token" husker legend in the lineup as BC/SP's main motive.