According to 1620 The Zone ESPN

Nexus

Respect or not it will be great to be ranked. I have seen polls today that have us as high as #4 and as low as #9, but we will be ranked. And we did enough this season to prove we are back on the scene. Most important to me is that I don't know many fair weather fans of the Huskers. We have believed in them in the good and bad. We haven't abandoned ship on the Huskers like so many other have of their teams...We are headed back to the mountain top again. Its our turn and our time!!!!

related note, that i found interesting...Navy has been poppin up on several of these polls, usually in the 25th spot.

I got curious, and pulled their schedule...

2010 Navy Football Schedule

Date Opponent

Sept. 4 vs. Maryland

Sept. 11 Georgia Southern

Sept. 18 at Louisiana Tech

Oct. 2 at Air Force

Oct. 9 at Wake Forest

Oct. 16 SMU

Oct. 23 vs. Notre Dame

Oct. 30 Duke (Homecoming)

Nov. 6 at East Carolina

Nov. 13 Central Michigan

Nov. 20 Arkansas State

Dec. 11 vs. Army

they return 15 starters, including Ricky Dobbs...I look at this schedule, and if they can play like they did this year, Navy could run the freakin table...How cool would that be?

Respect or not it will be great to be ranked. I have seen polls today that have us as high as #4 and as low as #9, but we will be ranked. And we did enough this season to prove we are back on the scene. Most important to me is that I don't know many fair weather fans of the Huskers. We have believed in them in the good and bad. We haven't abandoned ship on the Huskers like so many other have of their teams...We are headed back to the mountain top again. Its our turn and our time!!!!

ha knock on wood! id hate to see our season jinxed before it even gets started. theres still a lot of work to do