Kristen Kelsay will not be a Husker

Setter Kristen Kelsay, who committed to Nebraska in the 2010 class, has decided to look elsewhere and has been released from her NLI. Obviously the situation changed for her with Lauren Cook's transfer to Nebraska, plus Morgan Broekhuis will probably get a serious look at setter after next season.

Kristen is the setter for the top team at Sports Performance, a club with a history of producing great setters. It's too bad we won't get to see her in Lincoln but I wish her well wherever she goes.

Im gonna hold my breathe on this one. I'd like to believe Coach Cook can handle all the drama, talk, and favoritism nonsense that is bound to come out of this sort of situation, but ya never know. She's obviously a great talent, but Im not sure she really provides much more than Andersen is now, and isnt there some monster setter recruit coming in?

I can also see that its just a father doing whats best for his daughter...but sometimes the best intentions dont always have the best results.

If she doesn't get her release she will have to sit out the 2010 year. With Anderson being a senior next year, this works really well in NU's future.

I'm curious what Kristen Kelsay thinks of this.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100106/BIGR...69788/-1/bigred

I guess Kristen was too keen on Cook's daughter coming to Lincoln.