Best Replacement in 2010

ESPY

im gonna have to say Ankrah for Turner. i feel like Ankrah starts over Meredith. i think Dillard is a much bigger loss than people think, and maybe E-Mart can fill the void in the future, but i don't see it next year. PJ Smith is another one but i feel like he's getting the "Sean Fisher" hype from last off season

Why would Ankrah start over Meredith? Meredith played very, very well in limited action --- arguably at level near or equal to Turner --- and, statistically speaking in terms of tackles per snap, he performed better than did Turner. Ankrah has not played a D1 snap. On what basis would one predict Ankrah wins out over Meredith?

Wow man calm down i was just sharing my opinion. My sources tell me that Ankrah is better and was practicing with the Blackshirts after blossoming at the midway point of the season. the only reason he wasn't playing at the end of the year is because it would have been a terrible decision to burn the redshirt that late. I agree Meredith is a good DE. I think Ankrah will prove that he is a great DE.

im gonna have to say Ankrah for Turner. i feel like Ankrah starts over Meredith. i think Dillard is a much bigger loss than people think, and maybe E-Mart can fill the void in the future, but i don't see it next year. PJ Smith is another one but i feel like he's getting the "Sean Fisher" hype from last off season

What exactly do you mean by the "Sean Fisher" hype? For all intensive purposes, PJ Smith has already proven his worth as a strong safety. Both Fisher & Smith were redshirt frosh in '09, and Smith was far more impressive. Sure, he didn't have the same hype as Fisher coming into the season, but it's pretty clear Smith competed & made an impression that should bolster him to 1st team.

I think Smith will be good but i'm worried that he's getting all the "2010 breakout player" hype. and in case you just became a Husker fan this season... Sean Fisher was extremely hyped up before this season. up until the season started he was the only "lock" as a starting linebacker. i'm not saying he won't be good in the future, but he didn't live up this season.

Is the "Sean Fisher" hype anything like saying "i feel like Ankrah starts over Meredith"?

no because not many people agree with the "Ankrah starts over Meredith" hype