Uniforms

I love the current Husker uniform and hope we never go back to the wide stripe down the pants of a couple years ago. However, I think it would be very cool to go back to the varsity stripes on the shoulders and the gray face mask on the helmets. It would be a cool way to sort get back to the hard grinding play of years ago and to honor Husker history.

They can't change the jersey's then I would have to get a couple new ones. Maybe they could bring them back for one game like OU did last year or teh year before. I believe Iowa did it and Notre Dame has done also. You've got to stick with Red facemasks though. I vote for bringing back the red socks at home and white on teh road. I'm not a big fan of the black socks.(Fab Five or the MJ Bulls are the only teams that pulled this off)

Everytime there is talk of a unform change fans think that it is a slap at tradition. What is tradition for the uniforms when they are changed several times in a century? Since Devaney several changes have been made. Should they have stayed the same?

The Broncos' fans screamed in the '90s when Denver dramatically changed the uniforms. After a couple of Super Bowl wins and time to adjust to the change acceptance followed.

Uniforms get dated and as long as the style is appropriately addressing the university and the time honored color scheme, then updating is a good thing. Miami updated a few yearfs ago and they look much better and modern without losing the teams traditional look. Do you folks remember the change from the rounded numbers of the '60s? Did changing them break tradition?

I'm in favor of their major sponsor, Rebok, to submit different styles to the Athletic Dept and then get the fans input.

PS The WCO isn't traditional either. When we start winning championships it won't be a bone of contention either!

I'm in favor of their major sponsor, Rebok, to submit different styles to the Athletic Dept and then get the fans input.

"their" being Miami or NU?

at last check that's Nike and adidas respectively.

though didn't Reebok get bought out by Adidas BTW??

"Traditional" unis to me means anything old school or reserved. as opposed to the outlandish Nike look. A few NFL teams subscribe to this: Colts, Raiders, Packers, Bears, etc.

OU has the old school look, as do a number of Big 10 teams.

the untraditional on the other hand...

the Broncos- two super bowl wins=great. but IMO those unis are STILL ugly.

Miami Hurricanes- ugly unis is almost a "tradition" for them.

Oregon- bad colors for any uniform style but Nike makes it even worse.

BYU- the infamous "Bib" uniforms. so ugly the NCAA had to outlaw them.

Nebraska 2002- ugh

sure, uniforms change constantly but an overall feel or style still remains. The "NEBRASKA" under the collar was added in 1996? or so. the double stripes were initially removed for the 1995 season. those were changes but nothing as drastic as 02.

some use the Old school/reserved uniforms, some like the the faddish Nike creations, others are not exactly traditional but are also not as far out there as some of Nikes more infamous creations. to each his own.

I for one will take the reserved look we have now over the Nike wannabe rags from 2002 any day.

the Broncos- two super bowl wins=great.  but IMO those unis are STILL ugly.

As the resident Broncos fan, I must correct a mistake here. We changed our uniforms between our 2 superbowls. We beat the packers in the old school unis and the falcons in the new ones. And I agree, they are ugly as ****, I definately prefer the old school.

As far as Nebraska goes, I like the way they are now, save for the socks. I just don't like that black...

As the resident Broncos fan, I must correct a mistake here. We changed our uniforms between our 2 superbowls. We beat the packers in the old school unis and the falcons in the new ones. And I agree, they are ugly as ****, I definately prefer the old school.

As far as Nebraska goes, I like the way they are now, save for the socks. I just don't like that black...

I am a huge Bronco fan, too! Tough times for us in the '80's, huh? Sigh.

I hate to disagree, but the Broncos wore the new unis in their win over the Pack. I have it on tape...almost have it worn out!!! Their last year for the Orange was losing to Jacksonville...damn, I was mad.

I hate the Bronco uniforms (especially when they wear the orange home ones...the old unis looked good in orange, the new style sucks), but they did win two Super Bowls wearing the new ones.

Here is a link to the picture of Elway holding his first SB trophy.

http://www.omegagrafix.com/broncos/elway.htm

I am a huge Bronco fan, too! Tough times for us in the '80's, huh? Sigh.

I hate to disagree, but the Broncos wore the new unis in their win over the Pack. I have it on tape...almost have it worn out!!! Their last year for the Orange was losing to Jacksonville...damn, I was mad.

I hate the Bronco uniforms (especially when they wear the orange home ones...the old unis looked good in orange, the new style sucks), but they did win two Super Bowls wearing the new ones.

Here is a link to the picture of Elway holding his first SB trophy.

www.omegagrafix.com/ broncos/elway.htm

Yea, you're right. Not sure why I thought they were split...

I've even got both on tape, and watch 'em. I disagree about the orange unis, if not for our propensity of losing everytime we wear them, I'd like us to switch to them full time. On the other side of the coin, I also love the blue pants, we seem to win everytime we wear those. :)

As far as Nebraska goes, I like the way they are now, save for the socks.  I just don't like that black...

i don't think i've ever really noticed the socks... i will now though.

I also love the blue pants, we seem to win everytime we wear those. 

speaking of pant colors... weren'te the all-white (pre-2002) uniforms a bit unlucky for NU? ISU in 92; GTech in '91. i don't know of any others though. 2 games doesn't exactly constitue a curse. unless you do factor in 2002 then maybe you have some unlucky charms. :smokin

I've always thought it was just the white-on-white that made the '02 away unis look so bad. but the old all-whites actually looked ok:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/se...=50729607&cdi=0

Tennessee has all-whites in away games and they look ok too.

The '02 design just had a special ugliness.

I haven't met one person who actually thought they looked good.

well apparently a majority of the 2002 Huskers thought so... :thumbs

As far as Nebraska goes, I like the way they are now, save for the socks.  I just don't like that black...

i don't think i've ever really noticed the socks... i will now though.

I also love the blue pants, we seem to win everytime we wear those. 

speaking of pant colors... weren'te the all-white (pre-2002) uniforms a bit unlucky for NU? ISU in 92; GTech in '91. i don't know of any others though. 2 games doesn't exactly constitue a curse. unless you do factor in 2002 then maybe you have some unlucky charms. :smokin

I've always thought it was just the white-on-white that made the '02 away unis look so bad. but the old all-whites actually looked ok:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/se...=50729607&cdi=0

Tennessee has all-whites in away games and they look ok too.

The '02 design just had a special ugliness.

I haven't met one person who actually thought they looked good.

well apparently a majority of the 2002 Huskers thought so... :thumbs

I'm the only person I know who acctualy liked the all white unis. I prefer the red pants over them, but other than the fact we tended to lose when we wore them I'd say we should wear 'em once in a while.

I'm a big Broncos fan and I love the change in uniforms. The all blue is particularly good looking. I also like Miami's design. I agree that Oregon's colors are obnoxious. I've always wondered how the main Husker logo, used now on everything, would look on the side of the helmet in place of the skinny N. I suppose that comment will bring people out of the woodwork!!!