Missing It

It might sound alittle weird to some but i keep thinking about the oklahoma game i got to attent last season. Just one of those things ive always wanted to do in my life but seemed out of reach. I find myself missing it alot. The sights, the smells. I saw so many things in one time i felt maybe it happened to fast. Im thinking about going back to memorial for a day. Just to walk around and see the sights, but heres my question.

Can I, do they close off the stadium during the off season. Im not expecting to get on the field or anything but i just want to go there again. When its not full of people though.

The first time I took my son to a game we got to Lincoln the night before the game. After dinner we went down town and parked close to the stadium. We noticed that a gate was open and consequently we just walked right in and out onto the field. It was a magical moment. The lights were on we were the only two in the stadium. It was one of the most incredible times we have ever spent together, second only to his wedding day. We also got to walk through the hall on the west side of the stadium. 9/11 ended nights like that. The gates are no longer open.

Several years later I took C-Bear down for a game and as I said above the gates were locked. We did, however, get to walk out onto the field thanks to a very nice young man who was manning the desk on the west side of the stadium. I love my wife and my kids the most but due to times like the two nights I speak of here and the many, many other great times I've had as a Husker Fan next in line comes the University of Nebraska and the Big RED.

T_O_B

:cheers:bonez:cheers

I used to work for Premier Catering (owned by Valentinos) and we made all the sky box food, stadium burgers, bbq, brats, brisket, nachos, and of course pizza. I have been all over the guts of the stadium from top to bottom (including offices). The only place I haven't been is the new locker rooms. If you know your stuff you can get in the stadium at anytime you just have to be sure not to get caught by cameras or the security guards.

If you prefer a safer and legal way they do have stadium tours go through every now and again. Just call the stadium and ask. Also, if you go in west stadium, and there are two security guards on duty, sometimes one of them will show you around. If there is only one they will not leave their desk. In my experience the north stadium security guards tend to take their position a little more seriously so I would stick to west if you are going to just pop in, but they may take you to the north if they are in a good mood.

Of course you could always just get a job with premier catering or vals during football season and you will be at the stadium more than the players or coaches. I often spent 70-80 hours at the stadium each week.

I had tickets last season to fly out and watch CU play Wyoming but about a week and half before the game the doctors found a cyst in my wife's throat and at the time we did not know it was a cyst and we had to wait for the biopsy results which took almost 2 weeks to get. This of course covered the time of the game so I had to cancel my trip because she wasn't going with me and I couldn't in good conscience attend the game. Fortunately it only turned out to be a thyroid cyst which they operated on and removed, of course the Wyoming game was the only game of the season where we played worth a damn. I am hoping instead to try and go to the Georgia game this season even if we lose I think it would be a neat game to see, plus SEC teams do not fare well west of the Mississippi.

I had tickets last season to fly out and watch CU play Wyoming but about a week and half before the game the doctors found a cyst in my wife's throat and at the time we did not know it was a cyst and we had to wait for the biopsy results which took almost 2 weeks to get. This of course covered the time of the game so I had to cancel my trip because she wasn't going with me and I couldn't in good conscience attend the game. Fortunately it only turned out to be a thyroid cyst which they operated on and removed, of course the Wyoming game was the only game of the season where we played worth a damn. I am hoping instead to try and go to the Georgia game this season even if we lose I think it would be a neat game to see, plus SEC teams do not fare well west of the Mississippi.

Glad to hear your wife is doing okay.

BTW, :lol: @ your siggy. Sounds like you've got the moving van on reserve and the real estate sign planted on your front yard.

Glad to hear your wife is doing okay.

BTW, :lol: @ your siggy. Sounds like you've got the moving van on reserve and the real estate sign planted on your front yard.

Thank you.

Yep, I am ready to head west, we need a shot in the arm, hopefully we find out this summer and Hawkins gets the axe in December and we make plans for an overhaul. We seem to target the west coast anyhow, hell we cannot even recruit our own state right now, so I think it would be a great shakeup. My scenario is for Mizzou to go to the Big 10, we and Utah head to the Pac 10, OU and OSU to the north, and Arkansas and Houston to the south.

It might sound alittle weird to some but i keep thinking about the oklahoma game i got to attent last season. Just one of those things ive always wanted to do in my life but seemed out of reach. I find myself missing it alot. The sights, the smells. I saw so many things in one time i felt maybe it happened to fast. Im thinking about going back to memorial for a day. Just to walk around and see the sights, but heres my question.

Can I, do they close off the stadium during the off season. Im not expecting to get on the field or anything but i just want to go there again. When its not full of people though.

Just to let you know I too was at the Oklahoma game and it was one of the best games I have ever been to at Memorial. I've been to around 80+ games there and it was near the top. I would rate it and Colorado '08 as 1 and 1a as far as best games and atmosphere for a husker game. Texas '06 (a 2 point loss) would be #2 despite the result.

Oh and a note to Beachbuff... Sorry but I can't really see myself caring about missing a CU game in Boulder. The city is great, but I am not a fan of seeing a game there. Sorry to hear about your wife, but I am glad it wasn't too serious. Good luck to your team this year. As much as I dislike Colorado it is good for NU and the B12 when they are winning. Don't cop out to the Pac 10 because it will give you an easier schedule. Stick it out you will be good someday.

Just to let you know I too was at the Oklahoma game and it was one of the best games I have ever been to at Memorial. I've been to around 80+ games there and it was near the top. I would rate it and Colorado '08 as 1 and 1a as far as best games and atmosphere for a husker game. Texas '06 (a 2 point loss) would be #2 despite the result.

Oh and a note to Beachbuff... Sorry but I can't really see myself caring about missing a CU game in Boulder. The city is great, but I am not a fan of seeing a game there. Sorry to hear about your wife, but I am glad it wasn't too serious. Good luck to your team this year. As much as I dislike Colorado it is good for NU and the B12 when they are winning. Don't cop out to the Pac 10 because it will give you an easier schedule. Stick it out you will be good someday.

I wouldn't expect you to care if you missed a game in Boulder because you are a Husker fan, just like I don't think I would care too much about missing a game in Lincoln, although that really isn't true for me because I love college football and would go to any game I could regardless of school. In fact the most despised team for me is Notre Dame but it is #1 on my list to go watch in person in South Bend.