******Official USA vs. Canada Hockey Thread******

sarge87

manitobahusker buys the first round of Labatt Blue :cheers

haha, i agree man! As for you guys being a legit hockey power thats been known for quite some time....im not sure if you guys know what the World Junior Hockey Championships are but they are basically the best 16-19 year old hockey players in the world and team USA won the gold on canadian soil in Saskatchewan in December. You gotta be pretty excited if your a US hockey fan with what the future holds you guys are loaded with young players and will be a threat for gold in 2014. Im really glad NBC had this game on because hockey is such a amazing sport im glad its finally getting big in the US. I might have bragged a little big about our hockey team but the truth is i respect and do cheer for you guys of course that changes when your playing canada ;)

I don't know what it is, but whenever I watch Olympic hockey I get into it. Even if it's not team USA playing I can watch the whole game. It's an exciting sport and I wish I could get into NHL hockey too. Just can't do seem to do it. Also, for some reason I have never been able to stand Crosby. I always seem to cheer against him. This game just makes me hate him more.

P.S.

Ryan Miller is a beast.

Do you watch the NHL playoffs? They really put it on the line come playoff time, I think those games are very exciting too.

Great game, great to see the US pushing it to OT. Maybe it's a good thing we lost, we might have a border war otherwise.

I watch playoffs off and on. I just can't stick with it. I'm guessing a lot has to do with the fact I have no rooting interest unless it's against Crosby. I also tend to go for the Avalanche if I see them playing. Maybe I'll give it another try this year.

I also tend to go for the Avalanche if I see them playing.

You are a wise man, my friend. :yeah

Great game yesterday, and I couldn't be more proud of our guys effort throughout the whole tournament. I was thinking Bronze medal, at best, before the Games started. Congrats to Canada on the win..and hopefully our friends from the North can respect the way we play the game and also realize that it doesn't matter how much the rosters NHL salaries add up to, in the end you still need to lace them up.