Record before 1st Creighton Game on April 6th

It appears, unless I have miss counted, that we have 17 games schedule between now and April 6th. We have series with Houston Baptist, TX OK and OK State, one game with SD, 2 with No. CO, and 2 with ND. If we win 2 with Houston Baptists and one each with TX, OK and OK State and all the games with SD, No. CO and ND. we will go into the Creighton game at 13-14.

I am hoping for better but I guess it could be worse too.

:restore

Assuming we play all the games..

win vs UNK

3-0 vs Houston Baptist

win vs SDSU

1-2 vs UT

1-1 vs Northern Colorado

2-1 vs OU

2-0 vs North Dakota

2-1 vs OSU...

That would put us at 16-14.. or 15-14 if you don't want to count Kearney...

Only reason i say 1-1 vs Northern Colorado is the whole midweek thing.. smaller schools often save a "better" pitcher for midweek games to try and get resume building wins.. 2-1 vs OU may be a stretch, but i think at home we can do it. The 1st "real" series we'll have at home.. Houston Baptist is bad, and assuming our pitching and hitting is close to what its been so far, we will roll.

Assuming we play all the games..

win vs UNK

3-0 vs Houston Baptist

win vs SDSU

1-2 vs UT

1-1 vs Northern Colorado

2-1 vs OU

2-0 vs North Dakota

2-1 vs OSU...

That would put us at 16-14.. or 15-14 if you don't want to count Kearney...

Only reason i say 1-1 vs Northern Colorado is the whole midweek thing.. smaller schools often save a "better" pitcher for midweek games to try and get resume building wins.. 2-1 vs OU may be a stretch, but i think at home we can do it. The 1st "real" series we'll have at home.. Houston Baptist is bad, and assuming our pitching and hitting is close to what its been so far, we will roll.

For the most part I would agree with this, however I would not be shocked if we dropped two against OU or two against OSU. Plus one, MAYBE two against the lesser teams that we shouldn't lose. On the other hand, if they catch fire (which they could - after all 7 of the losses have come in the opposing team's last at-bat) they could really do well. I'd say (not counting Kearney) anywhere from 12-17 to 17-12. I realize that's extremely broad, but it's just way too early in the season to know what this team will actually do. If you held a gun to my head and told me to pick, I'd be a little pesimistic (hard to be positive with a gun to your head) and go with 14-15... but I'm rooting for better!

Anyone see Nesseth pitch the 9th inning today?

3 hits, 1 run, 1 ER, 1 SO, 6 batters faced.......against Kearney.

:facepalm:

didn't see Nesseth throw, no. I was there from the 3rd through the 7th innings. Had to leave to run some errands after that. Was really only interested in the quality of AB's today.. I was VERY impressed with the contact we were making. Granted, it is only Kearney, but we were hitting the ball hard. Tolentino hit a ball of the left field wall that was a dead line shot. I seriously thought the ball was still rising. Also Scheffert just ripped the piss outta a few balls. Can't wait til friday.

Ok so Nesseth has another good outing :facepalm: whats new? I really have to wonder about this guy and I dont care where he was drafted or what kind of stuff he has. He apparently can't pitch with a guy in the box :hellloooo

I don't understand how he gets hit so hard, so often. He has an errant motion, seems to hide the ball well, and brings it pretty hard.

I was sitting right up front yesterday, and he was popping the mitt with some force. He had to have been hitting lower 90s on his fastball.

I really think (as if it matters) he and Newman should discuss altering his pitch selection, or throw a few more 2-seamers or something, man - get some movement on that thing. He does seem to have some issues with leaving the ball too high in the zone, too.