Mike Bellotti resigns

Mike Bellotti resigns as Oregon A.D. to join ESPN's broadcast team. Link

Bellotti's announcement Friday came as a surprise. At a hastily called news conference he said that working in television was something that he'd "thought about and maybe aspired to over the years."

"Timing in life is everything. This is not the most appropriate timing, in my perception, just because of the situations that have occurred," Bellotti said. "I want everyone understand that I'm not running from anything at all. I've faced much more difficult situations as a football coach and weathered those. And I was planning on weathering these storms also as we move forward."

Call me a cynic, but I doubt Bellotti's resignation is completely unrelated to the madhouse that the OU athletic program seems to have become. Like he said himself, "Timing is everything".

Bellotti's announcement Friday came as a surprise. At a hastily called news conference he said that working in television was something that he'd "thought about and maybe aspired to over the years."

"Timing in life is everything. This is not the most appropriate timing, in my perception, just because of the situations that have occurred," Bellotti said. "I want everyone understand that I'm not running from anything at all. I've faced much more difficult situations as a football coach and weathered those. And I was planning on weathering these storms also as we move forward."

Call me a cynic, but I doubt Bellotti's resignation is completely unrelated to the madhouse that the OU athletic program seems to have become. Like he said himself, "Timing is everything".

rat.jpg?w=371&h=314

The rats are jumping ship.......

Yes, everyone knows it's very hard to get a ESPN job anytime, and you have to jump at the chance when it's given. :sarcasm