Just picked up a nice used set of Orlimars complete with hybrids, Driver and woods for $130 at the pawn shop. I went online and bought some wedges from Linksman Golf 52,56 & 60 degree for $45. Got a pretty nice set with bag for under $200.

Don't be afraid to take a full swing with those wedges.

T_O_B

Actually, linksman is is a new company that puts out a good product. They haven't been around for long but for a fledgling company the product is solid. I had my brother use and evaluate them and show them to his golf pro. Both said they are solid for beginners.

Thank you all for all of the helpful info. Looks like I'm going golfing this Thursday with some buddies from my work place. My roommate has some clubs that he said that I could use and also Holvy83 said that he has some old golf clubs that he doesn't use anymore that I could have. Right after work tonight I'm going to head to Whispering Creek because I heard that they have some nice Husker golf hats so that'll give me a reason to pull out the motorcycle and go for a nice ride.

Again thank you for all of your helpful tips and I gave 5 people +1 rep but could only give out 5 because I had reached my limit for the day. Sorry for those who did post and I didn't give you a positive rep but I will give you a postitive rep another day. Thanks again.