So THAT'S what an Earthquake feels like

Anyone else feel the quake ~3:45 this afternoon?

I was trying to call my Mom in Lincoln, so she could wish my Son an early happy birthday, when all of a sudden the indoor windchimes that I had hanging from an air vent started making some noise..I wondered about the last time I'd turned on the AC or the Heat,(Two months?) then noticed the ceiling fan swaying back and forth..

Still not suspecting a quake I stepped outside to make sure there wasn't a UFO hovering above my house again, or a low flying plane floating over my house like last night.

Then googled it and saw where there were already reports of a 7.2 (6.9 at the time) around Baja and the gulf of California.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/04/04/20100404arizona-feels-baja-earthquake.html

This may have been my first..

map

some of the women folk kinda squirted a little but other than that right there.:rollin

really glad I wasn't a safety dispatcher yesterday. whooooooo

eleventy billion calls in 10 minutes

just kinda rolled around for about 30-40 seconds which to some seemed like 5 minutes :)

GBR

The local (Phoenix) news sources tried to make it sound as big as they could..Even showed several backyard "Pool Tsunamis" where the sploshing of people's cement ponds caused havoc to the surrounding decks...Someone could slip and put out an eye.

Makes me wish I'd sprung for that kiddie pool for my Siberian Husky last weekend so I could get some of that

POOL TSUNAMI RELIEF FUND

We felt a tremor when we lived in California in 1999. The wife and I were sitting in our living room on a rare day off when everything suddenly moved about three inches to the right. We stopped, looked at each other and said, "That's it?"

When we sold our condo the next year we went to the coast during the open house and while we were gone there was a 4.0 that shook everything up pretty good. Our Realtor was all freaked out when we got back, but we didn't feel a thing.