ESPN College Football Live announced their Top 25 pre-season rankings today

We should and better handle Idaho or we have issues. Washington will be a tough game at their place...have watched these guys. Last year sort of hung with LSU but ultimately did not have depth to win. Shocked USC. Competed well at Notre Dame and could have won. Drubbed #19 Cal to end season. They are very hot and cold but I expect them to be more consistent and Locker is probably the best QB in the country. Would not be surprised if they get to 8 wins. We better be ready.

FWIW, in reference to the Nebraska/Idaho match-up that I addressed in my first post, NFL Network announced yesterday that Idaho QB Nate Enderle is a projected 1st round pick for the 2011 draft.

Like I said, facing him in the 2nd game of the season will be a good test for our defense. Especially since we'll be facing Jake Locker the following week who is likely to go #1 overall in next year's draft.

Just think what it would be like if we recruited him...an in state guy too no less. Oh well... :hmmph

Kinda of like danny woodhead but what can u do? i played him in highschool the kid was a beast!!!! But thats callahan for u!!!

Iowa St. beat us, got to a bowl and won it. Combine that with the reasonable success they've had against Iowa in the past decade (even when they were massive underdogs in some cases) and I think it's an interesting match-up.

Several good points. Those pesky Cyclones never give up. I'll give them that!