18 - Arkansas

19 - Penn State

20 - Oregon State

21 - Florida State

22 - Cincinnati

23 - Georgia

24 - Stanford

25 - North Carolina

Non-conference games to keep an eye on in the month of September among the Top 10 ranked teams.

Sat. 9/4 - TCU vs Oregon St.

Mon. 9/6 - Boise St. vs Va. Tech

Sat. 9/11 - Ohio St. vs Miami

Sat. 9/11 - Iowa vs Iowa St.

Sat. 9/11 - Nebraska vs Idaho

Sat. 9/11 - Oregon vs Tennessee

Sat. 9/11 - Florida vs South Florida

Sat. 9/18 - Iowa vs Arizona

Sat. 9/18 - Nebraska vs Washington

Sat. 9/18 - TCU vs Baylor

Sat. 9/25 - Texas vs UCLA

Sat. 9/25 - Boise St. vs Oregon St.

I know some of you might scoff at the Nebraska/Idaho match-up but Idaho does have a legit pro-style QB in Sr. Ryan Enderle (North Platte, NE native). He has been their starter since his freshman year. In my opinion, Idaho will be a tougher opponent than any of the Sun Belt teams we played last season. I also think this game will be a good test for our defense. Enderle threw for 2,900+ yds. and completed 61.5% of his passes last season.

Playing against Enderle the week before Jake Locker is also a good stepping stone for testing our defense. At least after the Idaho game we'll know where we need to be when preparing for Washington.

Thats about right were i expected us to be. I think Idaho might be our toughest test in the nonconference. An Idaho type of team can sneak up on us and gives us fits, if we are not prepared. We play UW the week after, everybody will be looking ahead to that game. Hopefully after last year, this team knows that you cant take any game for granted (Iowa State). I hope our guys dont "go through the motions" against Idaho. I think this game will be the most points the defense will give up in a game all year.

Why is Iowa/Iowa State on that list :facepalm:

I guess because its an instate rivalry... :dunno

:yeah

That, and because the rest of the games not listed are preseason warm-up games pitting top ten teams against schools like the Rocco Clubbo School for Typewriter Maintenance.

Playing against Enderle the week before Jake Locker is also a good stepping stone for testing our defense. At least after the Idaho game we'll know where we need to be when preparing for Washington.

Very well put. I had no idea Idaho had good quarterback. Those are some impressive numbers.

Iowa St. beat us, got to a bowl and won it. Combine that with the reasonable success they've had against Iowa in the past decade (even when they were massive underdogs in some cases) and I think it's an interesting match-up.

Like i said before they had decent year last year with Rhoads. I think they will only get better. In a couple years ISU could be the king of Iowa and the Hawkeyes will be back to 5-6 wins a year.

The Iowa/Iowa State game is played every year so I don't see why this series is something that people always look forward too and Iowa State isn't really a powerhouse team to get all excited about to see on TV. I'll give Paul Rhodes some props because he took an awful Iowa State team into Lincoln to be beat the Huskers with the help of 8 turnovers and he's turning around that program.

When I think of good non conference games to watch you think up match ups like the Ohio State/USC game last year or Texas/Ohio State a few years ago, USC/Notre Dame, Oklahoma/Miami etc. Top powerhouse teams going head to head from different conferences is what makes college football more enjoyable to watch.....not a Iowa/Iowa State game.